TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

www.myplacefromspace.com

You can look up almost any address. I have seen satellite views before but this one is pretty good, plus I can see my car in my driveway. ;) The view is old though, I am not in my driveway at the time of looking it up, I have 550 miles away.

-Shawn

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Thats cool I could see my van! it looks like it was from last summer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
pretty cool, i can see my torino. i see a building that was built within the last 18 months, so mine is fairly recent.

frank

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
All you can see of my car is the rear end sticking out the covered parking spot. So mine has been taken within the last 10 months.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

Well it's a couple years old cause I got rid of the Galant in early 2001

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Take this for what it is worth but.........See if im right.

If you live close to a major highway your shot is clear, in color, and taken within atleast 2 years. ??

I looked up several addresses and the ones that were not near a major highway sucked major A$$, but the ones that were close to one or even had the highway in the shot were near perfect???

Just a thought

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I'm about a quarter mile from a major highway (US 70). About 2 miles from a major interestate (I-40)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
That is so cool!!
Here's mine. It's my 1968 Thunderbird out on the street in front of my house.
I never could see my house on terraserver...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Heck, I'm only a couple miles from RDU airport at work and we've had speedbumps for the past year or so.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Shoot all i get is mountains. oh well
I will post pic in a little bit.

GT

OK where is this supposed to be.
Not 1733 university i can tell you that much:zdunno:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Geez, you guys have color.

BTW, Rt. 63 is a major road, it leads you from a city of 30,000 people to the interstate. It's also the local dragstrip, as it is straight for a 1/4 mile, then a sharp turn, then straight for 1/2 mile (that's what you see).

Now that I look closer, I can tell that picture was taken before our westward expansion, which was done in 1984

·
Registered
668 Posts
GreenBird said:
Now that I look closer, I can tell that picture was taken before our westward expansion, which was done in 1984

Well then I guess this was way before fairbanks was even built or even thought of.

:zdunno: :zdunno: :zdunno: :zdunno: :zdunno:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GreenBird said:
Geez, you guys have color.

I get color on my house in NY. My house is only 2 miles from a major highway, I-90 in NY. When I look up where I am in school in Maine it is blury and in B&W. I guess some areas they dont care so much about.

-Shawn

·
Registered
366 Posts
the pics on this site are the same that terra server had.

terra server said the pics were from 1994. that was 2 years before is even started to drive. the pic of my house (well my old house) is really blurry. and my new house is just a bunch of trees in the pic

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
We used to host http://www.terraserver.com at my last job. The POS anti-theft plugin (which I notice this site uses a watermark instead but it's probably just as crappy on the server side) crashed every other day or so. When they posted pics of Area51 it was getting hacked all to heck. I spent my entire shift for two nights (I was a Solaris Engineer mind you) rebooting all 5 NT webserver boxes in sequence. By the time I got the 5th one rebooted, the first one had crashed. We got the FBI out there the third night and implemented some firewall rules to block the SYN floods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts