TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it this easy?

i thought there was more involved. if bad, please point me in the right direction. both business can share the same website. cake business and daycare run by the same people.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
yes, you can have 2 or as many you want on one .com, etc. name as long as you have enough space. most allow something like cake.mywebsitename.com/ daycare.mywebsite.com etc. or else you can just make seperate links or whatever. Keep im mind you need to pay for monthly bandwith, space etc. not just a domain name.

here is an example you can see that you need someone to host ur domain name or else you just have a name no website

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?app_hdr=&ci=5652

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
As cheap as domain names are, I'd just get two domain names one for each site. The domain names are easy to get and inexpensive. If you have two domain names, then people doing searches will be more likely to find what they want from you. If they are wanting cakes, they'll find your cake site. If they want daycare, they'll find that site. The hard part about business sites, is getting people to find them. No one (or very few) searches past the first page that comes up when doing a search, so if you're not on the first page you're not visible. Having your page focus on one subject helps to get it up to that page.

What kind of business are you thinking of? I've already got one site up and going already. www.alluringundies.com :D (Yea, I sell lingerie, what of it? :D )

·
It is nice
885 Posts
lol nice website

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Actually getting the domain name is very easy. You can own a domain name and not even have a site to put it on. Costs about 10.00 a year depending on who you go to to register the name. Getting a domain name is kinda like getting a copywrite on it. I once read (don't know if its true or not) that a very smart man went out before the internet hit real big and secured domain names like "coke.com" or "pepsi.com" things like that, so that when the corporations wanted to use those names for their site, they'd have to buy it from him. Of course, it may be urban legend to.

I've contemplated getting a domain name for the pages I have here on the members site (see signature). Don't know if Bill would approve or not.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I know that Adam Curry bought mtv.com back before the internet was anything. He asked the company if they wanted it. They didn't know anything about the internet and told him no. Then the internet started growing. The paid 6 figures for it. :D

Wal-Mart originally registered "Wal-Mart.com" and used it. Well some entrepreneur registered "walmart.com" and got over a million for it.

Don't see it happen much anymore though.

I've actually decided names of businesses based on what domain name was available. My latest endeavor was that way. :D

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My latest endeavor was that way. :D
lol, how'd that work out! i seem to have gotten screwed out of being a vendor :mad: .............

lol, j/k :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts