TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Allen Engines 9 PSI Supercharger installed on my 97 T-Bird, but because of my ported and polished heads, I am only pulling 7.8 PSI...I want to increase my crankshaft pulley by 2 PSI (I have the Cobra Crankshaft installed and ALL Manley H-Beams Pistons and Rods w/ .30 bored out)...Can I put the 7.9" SVT Lighting Overdrive Crankshaft Pulley on and call it good or do I need the Innovative West 10% Overdrive Crankshaft Pulley?

I am pulling as much torque as Horsepower, so I want to free up so torque so I get better efficiency...BTW, I have a Powermaster G3 200 Amp Alternator, but stock water pump, will the overdrive pulley cause any issues?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spoke to Innovative West and they recommended the 7.25" 6 Rib 10% overdrive pulley. Is this what you guys would recommend? Do I need to change the water pump pulley to prevent overspinning? Do I need to change the alternator pulley to prevent overspinning as well?

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
I'm having the 10% put on mine, it's the 15% and 18% you have to worry about overspinning.

You will probably need to do some grinding on the front cover to use the 10%, I'll point RobertP at this thread since he's doing mine and has done them before.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to innovative west, the 8 rib pulley will not interfere with anything and no grinding is needed, since the pulley is only 7,25", compared to the stock 6.5. Also, since I am running the 8 bolt forged crank, I was told it is an easy fit. Do you agree? Would you change the super charger pulley to an 8 rib? I am getting belt slippage, which is why I am going with a larger crank pulley and the billet tensioner.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
U have to grind the timing cover i just put the 10 percent on a week ago

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.