TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've still got my old 93 3.8 bird sitting on the side of the house. It's been there for a couple years, the interior, transmission, and paint are SHOT....

I've got a small workshop, I do custom turbo fabrication, have a tig welder, tubing bender, I own a dynojet224 here, install and tune haltech ecu's and have access to a machineshop.... I can also build motors, assemble diffs and setup gears....

With that said, who has the fastest bird here ?

My plans would probably be a gutted interior, roll cage, 4 link solid axle swap, turbo small block, standalone efi, powerglide, tubbed, bigs and littles, etc. etc. Maybe even ditch the glass.... I'd like to build a high 9 second car.... I'm just a little concerned about fabricating a rear subframe for this car, the front clip, and it just being so damn big lol.... Who can tell me what ?I shall start searching now :tongue:

·
Registered
370 Posts
first thing to do is swap out that v6! lol

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I've still got my old 93 3.8 bird sitting on the side of the house. It's been there for a couple years, the interior, transmission, and paint are SHOT....

I've got a small workshop, I do custom turbo fabrication, have a tig welder, tubing bender, I own a dynojet224 here, install and tune haltech ecu's and have access to a machineshop.... I can also build motors, assemble diffs and setup gears....

My plans would probably be a gutted interior, roll cage, 4 link solid axle swap, turbo small block, standalone efi, powerglide, tubbed, bigs and littles, etc. etc. Maybe even ditch the glass.... I'd like to build a high 9 second car.... I'm just a little concerned about fabricating a rear subframe for this car, the front clip, and it just being so damn big lol.... Who can tell me what ?I shall start searching now :tongue:

Theres a guy over on SCCoA who had lots of Pics up of his backhalving project.

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
By "Turbo Small Block" I certainly wasnt talking about the 6banger :tongue:
Kevin Leitem is knocking very hard on 9's. I'd have to say he's got the fastest car around here. He should break into the 9's this year. And yes, underneath all that is a six banger.

See these threads.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=117683

and

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=117844

Here's a video of his.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i169.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/blown38/kevin1017.flv">

·
Registered
917 Posts
i would build a NHRA spec frame and buy a fiberglass shell in whatever form you like, then you would only have to build a 347 stroker pushing about 6psi to be in the nines. lol

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
like someone said earlier....these cars are heavy, anywhere from 3700-4000 lbs in stock form.
It takes less to push less.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,262 Posts
Put something in that car and bring it to pbir. I'll meet you there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're preaching to the choir on big power/small motors. I build turbo 4 bangers :D Even my daily driver 2.7 01 tacoma has a built 3rz with a turbo setup :cool:

Kevin Leitem is knocking very hard on 9's. I'd have to say he's got the fastest car around here. He should break into the 9's this year. And yes, underneath all that is a six banger.

See these threads.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=117683

and

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=117844

Here's a video of his.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i169.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/blown38/kevin1017.flv">
I've got no problem gutting this thing (over night) and throwing the biggest, most irresponsible shot of nitrous on there just for the track. Was just out at PBIR last week in my tacoma....

Put something in that car and bring it to pbir. I'll meet you there.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
David has ran in the 10s with his single turbo 347 and he will probally go faster now that some issues have been sorted out. Theres been a few other SBF turbo Mn12s but you will have to look around for what times they have put down.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Top Speed

There's a 347 SB with a blower that did the One Lap of America . And a SUPERCOUPE that did the Silverstate Classic too .

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

My 93 SC with a 347 turbocharged motor has gone as fast as 134 mph, but the ET was only 10.7. Now that I've got some issues sorted out I think it will run a high 9 at around 140. Mine is built for the street is very heavy (4250 race weight) and doesn't have any of the safety stuff for going quicker than 11.50.

Mike Siska, Chris Lazzo and Bruce have some very fast T-birds too.

David

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
like someone said earlier....these cars are heavy, anywhere from 3700-4000 lbs in stock form.
It takes less to push less.
I dont know why everyone thinks or says they are heavy . Mine is at 3620 without me and all i have is a cobra r hood and aluminum rear diff and i have added the vortech kit and blower intake . How heavy is the mustangs/cobras challenger the new camaro ? This cars can go fast all you need is less talk and some work .

·
Registered
469 Posts
I dont know why everyone thinks or says they are heavy . Mine is at 3620 without me and all i have is a cobra r hood and aluminum rear diff and i have added the vortech kit and blower intake . How heavy is the mustangs/cobras challenger the new camaro ? This cars can go fast all you need is less talk and some work .
Ford Thunderbird 3600-3750lbs
Mercury Cougar 3550-3700lbs
Lincoln Mark VIII 3765lbs
New Dodge Challanger 4000-4150lbs
2005 Ford Mustang 3300-3450lbs
2008 Dodge Charger- 4160- 4250lbs
2010 Chevrolet Camaro some where around 3800lbs
2008 Chrysler 300 3800-4000lbs
2007 Ford Mustang Cobra GT500 around 4000lbs
2004 Pontiac GTO 3725lbs

Camaro is an estamite given by Chevy.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
ughhh, because they are heavy.
3620 is still a pig.
get that down to 3000ish, then thats getting lighter.
do some searching, most will say they are in the range of 3700-4000+

less talk and more work.....don't forget money.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I know where a car is being assembled now that is a full weight 2V car with a 2.8 KB. Cage is certified to 8.50. I expect it will be a solid 9 second full weight car with quiet exhaust, no bad driveability, working A/C and power steering, intact IRS. In fact if you saw it, you'd never suspect anything like the capabilities it has.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Kris,

Would that be the car that JW was saying he intended to build a year or so ago?

Mike, it's a guy I know, and you know too. He doesn't want too much known about it yet. Seems there is a plan to drive this car to the track, waste all the lighter weight trailer queens, and drive it home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts