TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen on here that alot of people have got the metal intake tubes for their birds, and was wanting to know what it cost, and where i could get one from.

·
Registered
490 Posts
We call it the "RichardM tube". The pipes were custom made by a member of TCCoA named Richard M. He no longer makes them. I think mine was around $120.00 a year or so ago. The RichardM intake tube is by far the most superior of all 94/95 intake options.....

There is always the "Civic intake mod".....do a search on it there's plenty of info available.

Eric

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I just picked up an RM tube for $110 after looking for one for about a year and a half.

The civic tube has it's lovers and haters. I tried it for a couple hundred miles and absolutely hated it, never sealed up and fit quite right.

Now if I can get my weirdly placed AC line out of the way, I can install the RM tube.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
just find an exhaust shop when they are not busy and see if they can bend you a 3" pipe to fit

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is how I did mine.
True CAI...just gotta figure out how to get rid of pancake on top of motor.
You will need
2 - 31/2" pvc elbows
1ft of 31/2"pvc pipe
1 - cone filter
screws and/or rubber cement to join everything
mount filter to 6" of pipe
attach pipe to elbow
insert 6" of pvc pipe into that elbow thru airbox hole
attach elbow to pipe and to maf
filter should be at rectangular slot under bumper
to get cold air
I made slot bigger to allow more air in
Works great

extend wires for temp sensor and hang thru the bolt hole

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The "pancake" on top of the motor is the main item that needs to be replaced. The filter box doesn't present much (if any) of a restriction to flow. The violin case is a BIG restriction, so that is what most people replace.

I have seen peoplel replace the violin case with 3" flex hose similar to what is used in the above pic. its not as pretty, but it will flow better than the violin case.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think what he's talking about is a pipe that replaces that crappy "violin case". The "violin case" is what we call the piece that goes from the throttle body to the mass air flow sensor. It's very restrictive.....and it looks like a violin case.:D....

Eric

...Place a ad in the "Wanted" forum and see what pops up....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts