TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a set of 17x7 Cobra Rs wrapped in 245/45/17 rubber. I'm going to have massive amounts of wheelgap that I'd like to minimize. I was thinking about going with a set of Intrax springs because they offer a 2" drop... but I was also recommended to get a new set of shocks as well. My stock shocks work great and they come with electronic ride control, which I absolutely LOVE... and would much rather just replace the springs to lower the car and keep the stock shocks, but I wanted a second opinion.

I heard the Tokico shocks offer the electronic ride control feature. Will that work with my current system (FIRM RIDE, stock button, etc)? Any other recommendations for springs or shocks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops.. wrong forum. Can a mod move this to suspension?

I also tried to delete it myself since I was the topic originator, but it wouldn't delete. Might be a good idea to allow us this permission.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MarksM said:
The only aftermarket shock that lets you keep the ride control are the Tokico's. I've had them for over a year, they are softer than the OEM shocks
Softer? Ehh... negatory on those shocks. Think I can stick with my stockers and the lowering springs?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Auto shocks are over-rated Jason, I never could tell much of a difference between normal, and 'firm'.

Koni's are the way to go, I adjust mine rock hard for whenever I want to piss around, and all the way to 'soft' for normal driving. Takes all of 2 minutes to adjust 4 shocks.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can definitely tell the difference between normal and firm. I'm pretty much determined to stick with them. Think it'll hurt to run the stock shocks on lowered springs?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Depending ont he shape of them, you'll just need to replace them sooner because their going to wear out faster. I have the stocker shocks in with intrax springs in my sc, but I havent driven on them yet sorry. Justin

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RedBirdSC said:
Depending ont he shape of them, you'll just need to replace them sooner because their going to wear out faster. I have the stocker shocks in with intrax springs in my sc, but I havent driven on them yet sorry. Justin
It may be awhile before I start looking around for springs, and an even longer while before they get installed. Let me know when you do drive on them.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well my goal is to put a few miles on the car this weekend, so I'll let you know:D I'll hopefully have my new exhaust by then so i can fix the vaccum leaks and drive it:)

btw I did run intrax springs all around on my mustang with stock shocks, they did just fine for 10k miles, but now the front springs are sold, stockers back in for a week or two till the moroso trick drag springs go back in

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RedBirdSC said:
Well my goal is to put a few miles on the car this weekend, so I'll let you know:D I'll hopefully have my new exhaust by then so i can fix the vaccum leaks and drive it:)

btw I did run intrax springs all around on my mustang with stock shocks, they did just fine for 10k miles, but now the front springs are sold, stockers back in for a week or two till the moroso trick drag springs go back in
Did the Intrax offer a level drop? I don't want my rear end sticking an inch higher than my front end.

·
Registered
437 Posts
my tbird dropped level, my mustang didn't, but i have a 27in tall tire on the rear with a 24-25 in the front.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The tokicos i found to be little more `floaty' on th freeway and just simply driving around normally... but once i started to `work them' they seemed firmer then the Stock shocks, but that was with STOCK springs with H&R's they weren't upt ot the task fo controling them :)

NOW i have Eibachs and Koni's... has a nice ride.. and can be pretty dang firm if you crank them :) Right now i have them at liek 3/4 firm and it's not bad But the the softest i seem to be able to do full soft rear, 1/4 firm front to get last little `float', the front on the softest setting floated alot more then the rears..

Still want to the H&Rs and the Konis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts