TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her stock lights just really are not very bright and she does alot of driving at night. I dont want it to be ricy I just want them to be extremely bright for her she has a 97 Saturn SC1. Ive herd the silverstars are pretty good I might just pick up a pair at walmart for like 40$ am I better off just going with them? I've never seen them lit up before I dont know how bright they are. anyone have any experince with this kinda stuff?

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
the silverstars are very popular around here. I finally got some after I got tired of reading about them, and I love them. Definitley brighter and very cheap in my opinion. DO IT !!! :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I've had those before also. They have a real light blueish tint, nothing ricey. But they were no brighter than stock bulbs in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The silverstars made a nice improvement on mine. With a good set of driving lights, night time highway or backroads driving is alot easier.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i bought a beater with those "blue bulbs" and at night i honestly hate it, it does not do a good job of lighting up the road, and when i get around to it, im gonna buy a set of silverstars because of the good repuation around here

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Silverstars or nothin man, they are great.

They look stock when lit up, but when your driving they are a really crisp white with a slight tinge of blue and they light everything up. Its amazing.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GreenBird said:
I wish my girlfriend had better headlights too.....

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i was doin some headlight research today just to see what other quality products are out there and i found out that philips makes some bulbs that compete with the Silverstars...

Philips Automotive Lighting

I think i may purchase a set of the Vision plus or Hi-visibility bulbs to try in my other car and see how they compare to the silverstars i have in my bird...

anyone ever use philips stuff???

·
Registered
119 Posts
^^That avatar is just wrong... LoL

Please, continue...

·
Registered
119 Posts
So does mine... hehehe

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
upgrade the wiring harness for the headlights using the competition headlight harness upgrade, use silverstar headlights, then use hella ff75 driving lights with silverstar bulbs inside. do that and never touch lighting again :D

-Mike

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
how complicated would you say the harness upgrade is mike? The harness in there looks a mess to begin with but im sure its something i could pull off over the weekend..

·
Registered
294 Posts
GreenBird said:
I wish my girlfriend had better headlights too.....
Just keep the highbeams on and it's all good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts