TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
14,028 Posts
I might have one... but I'm in Rockford, IL and it's in Charlotte, NC.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
So what is a nice, cherry MBE2 from arizona worth? :>\

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Might have been a false alarm, I’ll update in the spark thread. Might still interested in a backup though

Damn. I have one but it did have a chip on it. Came out of the 97 Cougar I parted out a year ago.
Just a chip on the J3? That would be fine, I’m just avoiding a burned in via programmer.

So what is a nice, cherry MBE2 from arizona worth? :>\
$27.74 according to Pheonix U pull &pay lol

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
I have a bad one, lol.FTE1 and MBE1 are the ones that seem to fail the most.
The one I have is my spare; if you can get one for $50shipped,grab it.
I got mine from Spattered; I got a Hood, taillights, all kinds of stuff.

The mbe1 one I had I broke trying to fix it. Some of the stuff moved when I poured the potting compound in. That's harder to fix than the original Problems were.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,603 Posts
I'm hoarding the MBE3 from the FIL's 97 I parted a few years back...

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
These are getting rarer; Matt, I'll loan you my spare, just so you can try to figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
I saw someone mention getting a refurbed eec, but I don't remember where or how much.
I'd love to find one.

EDIT: You know, since I sold the tbird, I really should bolt the eec back in, :) It's laying in the pass floor. :D

I installed the infocenter to do some troubleshooting, and forgot to bolt it back in when I yanked it out. 🤦‍♂️

I'd love to have another infocenter; You can't buy the connectors for what I paid for mine.
They have later versions of the pic processor with shitloads of memory now; it was a limit back then.I'd love to sit down and talk to Winston about pic programming.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
Most places like Denso refurb their stuff; I almost took a job there.
It gets cheched out on a test set, and they usually run them thru all functions, since it can go into many cars.
If it needs parts or is from a bad lot they usually toss them and replace them with NOS or even a later one reprogrammed to act like the old one.

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a bad one, lol.FTE1 and MBE1 are the ones that seem to fail the most.
The one I have is my spare; if you can get one for $50shipped,grab it.
I got mine from Spattered; I got a Hood, taillights, all kinds of stuff.

The mbe1 one I had I broke trying to fix it. Some of the stuff moved when I poured the potting compound in. That's harder to fix than the original Problems were.
I have a bad FTE1, the transistors that power the O2 heaters went bad. I've wanted to open it up and attempt a repair, just haven't dug it out.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a bad FTE1, the transistors that power the O2 heaters went bad. I've wanted to open it up and attempt a repair, just haven't dug it out.
Funny enough I just stumbled across my car’s original naked PCM in my wiring stash. Lots of transistors around the perimeter, trick would be finding which one does what. Wish I had a diagram

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
Lots of house numbers; they make it hard on us.

Those driver chips look custom; I bet the chip companies love to see an automaker call. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had some paperwork about the ECU's from a mustang forum some years ago, I'll dig around and see if I can find it and share.
Those companies, ahh you want an ASIC, cash register chiming..... $$$

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
What did an e4a3 eec come out of?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,603 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts