TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
You'd think I could remember, but no. Will your prp letyou tune it?

I've done mbe1,2,3 and fte1 and 3

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
Good to know what the limits are; I bought mbe2, but everything I tuned was one of them, the fte's and mbe's all work.

I'm good with loaning you my spare.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ll buy your spare lol

The PCM is just enough of a PITA to get to that whatever I put in place is staying whether it solves the problem or not

I’d be open to pretty much any catch code with CDAN4, I’d just like MBE2/MBE3 for peace of mind.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
I'll sell you my spare; The ones in the red and black cougars are mbe2's, like my spare.
That said, I've been trying to send brandon two cassettes to record for me for a month, lol. I do have a set of shocks I'm holding for him.:) Got an unfucked speedo to trade?

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts

I ran it for a week, and it didnt have the transmission prob my fte1 had. it's a virgin, because I didn't want to to the unmating procedure on an xcal.
Ended up diong one anyway on another eec, this one got put away.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,603 Posts
Heh, it might be next spring before I'm down that way, but who knows? :)

I wonder if those of us with the PRP could export the various databases we collectively have access to, to load them and compare them to see exactly what's different between the factory calibrations.

E.g. what's changed from MBE3 to FTE1? I have the MBE3 database, but I'm sure others here have others. I doubt it'll be comprehensive but it would at least let us shed some light on what actually is different.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
We might have to sit down together with 3 laptops, lol.
I'd hate to void my warranty, so to speak; that agreement was pretty hardcore. And I have permission foe 3 cars.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
I actually have two sets of sport shocks, the assembled set from chris murder; but I also have the last set in america, new, in box, never assembled.

And a set of sport springs. :)

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have the MBE3 database so there’s not much for us to compare lol I’d be pretty surprised if catch codes are at all different from any other CDAN4 Thunderbird tune, I say that because I can remember when I loaded in SCT’s MBE3 as a programmed tune in the stock MBE3 PCM the shift points were noticeably different from the stock tune.

@Grog6 what year speedometers? I’m not sure I have any complete ones but I do have parts for both 94-96 and 97. No hurry for me anyway, I’m getting surgery in October with multiple doctor procedures scheduled through the month, I’m not going to be physically up to laying under the dash until the car is on its winter break anyway.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
96; it worked fine until I replaced the odometer gear, now it's all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
Got anything else cool to trade? I'd rather not take your cash. :)

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,603 Posts
I’m getting surgery in October with multiple doctor procedures scheduled through the month
You are entirely too young to have to go under the knife that many times in that amount of time!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had some paperwork about the ECU's from a mustang forum some years ago, I'll dig around and see if I can find it and share.
Those companies, ahh you want an ASIC, cash register chiming..... $$$
Found the papers stuck in my Chilton manual & scanned them, see attached. It give some info on chip numbers, location & function.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
Matt. the local jy has a 96 in; want me to go see what they want for it? I'm guessing $50-$100

I always go look them over for smalls; un
used ashtray, etc.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
Matt, you'll have to post up which hospital you're in and all; We'll form a cheering section for when you wake up after surgery! I did once bring a guy's harley up to his room; I seriously doubt we can get the Cougar on the freight elevator. :) But you never know until the overload alarm goes off, lol.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts