TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to purchase the pedals from a 5 speed Thunderbird for my TR6060 Swap on my 1997 Thunderbird 1994-1995 pedals would be ideal.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,016 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have a clutch pedal assembly with a worn stud where the master cylinder attaches .. I think if you are creative / resourceful you might be able to repair the wear. 🤔 otherwise good luck

·
Super Moderator
7,974 Posts
I have a clutch pedal assembly with a worn stud where the master cylinder attaches .. I think if you are creative / resourceful you might be able to repair the wear. 🤔 otherwise good luck
I have repaired many that were like that. Just have to weld it up and grind it back into shape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to make one first but thank you

The most substantially different pedal in placement is the brake one, and with how rare 94-95s are and how hard to find the clutch pedal assembly of any year is you can modify the stock auto brake pedal to the 94-95 5-speed style pretty easy with some elbow grease and a cutoff wheel. I covered the modification pretty thoroughly in post 304 of my car’s build thread

Thank you for the help😁😁😁

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I am wanting to purchase the pedals from a 5 speed Thunderbird for my TR6060 Swap on my 1997 Thunderbird 1994-1995 pedals would be ideal.
You are looking for a unicorn. That said, you can do like the guy in Europe did and straight up make your own pedal.

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
87 Posts
You can also see another possibility in this thread I started when I had the same issue, post #10. I performed that mod and it works pretty good. :)

A 97 MARK VIII IN A 94 T-BIRD

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,016 Posts
I'll try to make one first but thank you
Note that I didn’t make the clutch pedal, just modified the auto brake pedal to a 94-95 shaped 5-speed brake pedal. If you have the opportunity to get the clutch pedal assembly you best pounce on the opportunity.

Though Dantb94s S197 pedal alternative is definitely a path worth exploring. Only con I imagine is the pedals would need to be removed if the booster needed to be replaced to access one of the nuts obscured by them, correct? Thus far that is the best/simplest alternative I’ve seen to the rare factory pedals

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
87 Posts
Though Dantb94s S197 pedal alternative is definitely a path worth exploring. Only con I imagine is the pedals would need to be removed if the booster needed to be replaced to access one of the nuts obscured by them, correct? Thus far that is the best/simplest alternative I’ve seen to the rare factory pedals
Yes, you're right, to gain access to the upper left nut, the pedals must be slightly pulled apart without disconnecting the clutch hose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts