TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to spread a warning about Express Auto Parts. I don't know if anyone here has dealth with them, but I feel people ought to know how they treat their customers. They have over $700 of mine, and I have no parts. I have been trying to get my money back since the beginning of August.
Story below:

In the last week of July, I ordered $700 worth of suspension parts from them. The very next night, an emergency came up, that I needed that money. So I e-mailed them, requesting that they cancel my order. The next morning, they replied, stating that they had indeed cancelled it. Within a few days, the $704 was returned to my account. I thought all was well.

However, a few days later, I went to the ATM, and noticed that it was no longer in my account.

It has been nearly 4 months, and I still have not recieved my money back. I have contacted them many times, and I have received little help. It began as "Please submit a credit request" Ok, I do that. A few weeks later, I send them an e-mail asking about it. They reply eventually, saying that they have recieved the request, and it may take up to 30 days to approve. (fast forward 30 days) "Credit request has been approved, it may take up to 14 days to credit your account, and another 30 for the bank to have it show up on your statement. You will receive a confirmation e-mail and number once you have been credited." I'm getting very irritated by this point, but I wait. That was on October 6th. It's now been 48 days, and I have recieved no further information on the status of my money. I just sent them a very serious e-mail, promising further drastic action if I don't recieve a credit by the end of this week. Not a confirmation, but a full credit.

Sorry this was so long, but I felt I should spread the word. Please use caution when dealing with them. I will never be doing business with them again.

What can I do if they don't comply? What kind of action can I take, aside from suing them?

-Nate Bush

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Nate,
The way to go is to take this up with your bank asap.
Many banks have a time limit for reversal of charges but they vary.
To the bank with you. Fill out the paper work and it
takes them a little while (weeks) but they will help solve it.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already tried the bank, they said they couldn't do anything. I was told that it was up to the company to return the funds.

Thanks though,

-Nate B

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Could you contact the Better Business Beaurau(sp?)? :zdunno:

·
8,239 Posts
Sounds like you are at fault dude. They probably already charged it, it takes af few business days to charge back a card and credit it. Plus you probably ticked them off because they probably had it already to go out to you.

They won't screw you out of the money, I have spent several thousand dollars with them over the years buying parts and they are probably the number one car parts internet retailer that there is.

JH

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
JustinH said:
Plus you probably ticked them off because they probably had it already to go out to you.
That may be the case, he might have ticked them off, but he still has a right to his money.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Palmguy said:
That may be the case, he might have ticked them off, but he still has a right to his money.
Or at least the product. And apparently they did say he would get his money back. Otherwise, they could have said, "I'm sorry, we can't do that for you." or "There's a restocking fee of 10% (like on eBay a lot of the time)."

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but if you used a debit card with the visa or mastercard logo on it, you may be entitled to their benefits (IE: Fraud and theft protection). Couldn't hurt to make a few calls.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
He has to report the fraud to Visa/Bank within XX days, by failing to do so, he only recorse is thru the Vender..

He waited to long..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They probably already charged it, it takes af few business days to charge back a card and credit it. Plus you probably ticked them off because they probably had it already to go out to you.They probably already charged it, it takes af few business days to charge back a card and credit it. Plus you probably ticked them off because they probably had it already to go out to you.

A few business days has now been 48 days. And they haven't even credited my account yet. This is not acceptable, and I think you'd probably agree. I was told I would recieve a confirmation e-mail that they had credited me within 14 days, and then it could take up to 30 days for it to show up on my statement. I never got that e-mail, but I know that sometimes things either get lost or forgotten, so I waited. And waited. And waited. I've been struggling with them for nearly 4 months. I kept getting promised my money, so that's why I kept waiting. I'm way too patient sometimes. Well, needless to say, that was obviously a mistake, and I'm not going to wait any longer without a sign of further progress.

They responded this morning with another one of their automated e-mails that I've seen before. We'll see what happens...

-Nate B

·
8,239 Posts
Call the number on the back of your credit card, and get them to charge the amount back.

Simple as that, its what credit card companies do for you.

You shouldn't have to wait for them.

JH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts