TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed a walbro 190lph fuel pump and i had problems starting the car. notice i turn off the car and when i went to check the fuel press on that fuel rail valve had no fuel press at all. i dropped the tank and it was a miracle my car still started after what i found. tyhat piece of hose that came on the kit is junk it wasn't meant to be inside the fuel tank and it literally disintegrated. bought a piece of sumersible fuel line at napa ($20 for a footlong piece no wonder its so expensive) and im installing it as i speak. will post some pics later.:zsoapbox:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I just brought a Walpro 255 lph fuel pump for my upgrade. Hope that i don't have the same problem :eek:, And hope that RobertP takes note of this

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
No worries Darren. Robert knows what he's doing. He put a 255 lph pump in my car and It's still running strong.

I got to take the car out tonight when this heat starts to break.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ive had several walbro pumps in different rides and have never had that problem. One was in the car for 5 years and when I upgraded again it was fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Thanks Ron :), By the way nice drive video u have on you tube:thumbsup: and darn right its HOT:ztoohot:
Thanks Darren, I saw the comment you left on youtube.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the whole problem was that piece of hose bridging the pump and the hardline together.

where did you guys bought your pumps from?

i 've read of rumors somewhere in the net about walbro pump knock-offs.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
the whole problem was that piece of hose bridging the pump and the hardline together.

where did you guys bought your pumps from?

i 've read of rumors somewhere in the net about walbro pump knock-offs.
Summitt Racing here .

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
supercoupeperformance dot com here.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
My 255lph kit from scp is running strong still no problem here.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I have installed them from SCP many times without issues. I did have one pump drop pressure but of course that had to be on my vehicle. Considering the number I am still at about 95% trouble free. A much better ratio than any other pump brands I have installed.
Alan

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I installed my Pump Back in 05 and have had not 1 single problem. Got mine from Supercoupe performance.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
People with Nitrous or supercharged applications. I don't know when Todd installed this pump but it's doing just fine. Todd sold it to Paul and Paul owned the car for 3 years. I've had it for almost 3 years now. So It's atleast 6 years old.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I find it cheaper to use walbro pumps than OEM pumps. The rest of the aftermarket pumps are crap to me. You can't talk me into any of those "house" brand pumps from autozone,advance,or O'Reilly's. I learned my lesson the hard way.
Alan

·
Banned
168 Posts
if they come up with an AEROMOTIVE setup like the one they made for mustangs, where everything is preinstalled into a replacement tank, i would probably be first in line to get one. IF my wife would let me...

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
I have had no issues with 190 LPH Walbro in the 6 years it has been in my car. I plan on upgrading to the 255 LPH in case I do decide to supercharge my car,

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
im sorry buddy there is nothing wrong with the hose, ive never seen a problem put tons of them in mustang fox body tbirds must mn12s i use the stock little peice no hose except on my car chasing a fuel problem which ended up being just to much boost i needed and inline pump which fixed the problem

1 - 20 of 38 Posts