TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was This Color Originally Available For A 1996 Thunderbird?

I found this ad on Criagslist for 1996 with 70K miles but I always thought this color was only available on 1995-1996 T-Birds.

'96 Thunderbird LX - LOW MILES

'96 Thunderbird LX - LOW MILES
Leather interior, all receipts of any work done and paper work, great condition. $2500 OBO
Oh, has sun roof and everything is electric, super low miles!!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm basically asking if my memory was correct. I don't ever recall seeing this color on a 1996 or 1997 however that doesn't mean Ford never offered this color for those years. I'm just trying to clarify.

Also I tried uploading the pictures to the thread so we'd have them for future reference after the CL ad is taken down but for some reason I can no longer add attachments. I've done it in the past.

·
Super Moderator
16,839 Posts
That isn't the original color, and no it wasn't available that year or any year for that matter (the 95 purple color shifted, this is solid). I'd be very wary, I'm betting it's a really bad paint job, it will probably be easy to find out what color it was when you lift the hood.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That isn't the original color, and no it wasn't available that year or any year for that matter (the 95 purple color shifted, this is solid). I'd be very wary, I'm betting it's a really bad paint job, it will probably be easy to find out what color it was when you lift the hood.
That's what I thought. Yeah I remember that purple color from 1995, it was very unique but I wasn't sure if maybe the pictures weren't showing the color correctly. Anyway I e-mailed the seller & he said the car was re-painted so I'm not at interested in purchasing it now.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
It is possible this could be a one-off, special order for an employee, or dealer family friend, etc.. I know GM has offered this option on certain vehicles. Even though this car has been repainted, perhaps it is still the original color. Even if it isn't, who cares?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts