TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They should've made the film...of course, it could've sucked like Caddyshack II.

The Winnebago may fly again...

Spaceballs II: Jar-Jar Strikes Back

September 30, 2004 - The Schwartz is still with comedic filmmaker Mel Brooks, who is reportedly considering a sequel to his hit Star Wars parody, Spaceballs. Brooks told Playbill magazine that he was currently writing a screenplay for a Spaceballs II.

"Why another Spaceballs? ...the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles," said Brooks, whose more recent parody films include Robin Hood: Men in Tights and Dracula: Dead and Loving It.

The original Spaceballs, which came out in 1987, starred Canadian comedian Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet, Bill Pullman as the Han Solo-type Lone Starr, the late John Candy as Barf the Mawg, and Brooks himself as both President Skroob and Yogurt. Brooks intends to play Yogurt in the new film; perhaps it will be a prequel to the original Spaceballs.

Brooks intends to capitalize on the release of Lucas's third Star Wars prequel by getting his parody out at about the same time – a deadline that could be tough to make. "Best-case scenario: [Spaceballs II opens] a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst-case scenario: a year after the new Star Wars opens."

The title is not set in stone either. Brooks has mentioned in the past that he'd like make a sequel called Spaceballs III: The Search for Spaceballs II. One pithy fan suggested the new movie be called "Spaceballs I", and the original one renamed Spaceballs It-Was-Always-Episode-IV. We'll let you know what Brooks decides on.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, btw, I haven't slept since yesterday.

·
Registered
817 Posts
this is old news, i heard rumors over a spaceballs prequel when Phantom Menace first came out. though i think he should still do it, all his movies are funny as **** and are still funny the 11ty billionth time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"Baaaarrf Not in here this is a mercedes"

"What the hell am I looking at? whats all that churning and bubbling? You call that a radar screen?"

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I dunno, my favortie quote from the move:
"How many @$$holes we got on this ship anyway?"
"YO!"
"I knew it, I'm surrounded by @$$holes."

Many a time did that get muttered at my old job.

·
Registered
789 Posts
...and I see your schwartz is as big as mine!

·
Registered
789 Posts
...she's gone from suck to blow

1 - 20 of 28 Posts