TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to have a nice blue glow comin out of my grille on my 91 cougar. i wanted to know wat i should use. i went to streetglow.com and all i found were lights for the interior and underbody kits. i also went to my local autozone and they said they would have to specially order the lite. so basically can i use the interior neon lights for the grille or something else must be installed due to weather conditions?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well, I used 6 photon LED's to light mine up. It used to be blue but I kept getting pulled over by pissed off cops. Now it's "hyper" white and I haven't gotten pulled over yet. you can see what it looks like on my signature but if you want a better shot just say so and i will try and take one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if u have any more pictures please post them
and can u tell me where u can get these led's?
thanx

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I would like to see it also....

I would like to see how your grille looks lite up.I am thinking about doing something to my 96 grille,I dont know what but I am thinking.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
604 Posts
aite, i gotta get my digicam back tonight so hopefully i'll have pics for you tomorrow. For now, this is the best pic i could find.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is a red one

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1PHATV8, wat did u use to lite urs up and where can u get that?
thanx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Neon....

I used a neon from circiut city I think, i don't know if they still sell them. I believe it is a street glow. All I did was remove the grill and fit the neon in the area, then replaced the grill. pretty easy. The two blue lights next to the grill are strobes, all run off a switch inside. I also have a pic of neons inside. Also have some other pics if you want to see just email me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have an Advance Auto in your area...

you might try them. They have all kinds of little odd-sized neons, I recall seeing one that was no more than 3 inches long.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just bought an inside neon blue lite and the connection it came with is a cig lighter adapter.
is that the only way to connect it?
i wanna have a switch also just not sure how to do that
plus my ceg adapter just broke, anyone know if i can just replace it or i gotta go to shop and let them charge me crazy money to install a new one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK here you go....

If you look at the pic above of the inside ones, all blue, they all came with cig. plugs. I cut all of them off after making sure i had the pos and neg wires figured out. Then
I ran them to a switch and got the power from the pos wire that goes into the cig outlet. I put a fuse on the power wire just to make sure. Hope this helps!! Got any other questions just holla!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have mine wired up to my fog lights. I'll have pics soon lol I keep forgetting to get my camera back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts