TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lowered 96 tbird v-6 and some how wierd reason a puddle of water got in the dip of the trunk where the spare tire sits. I took out the tire and stuff and looked under the car/bumper and notice a rubber drain plug thingy and pryed it open a little until most of the water came out and then used towels to get the rest.

any1 know how water ot in there?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
After having had my rear end (body) totally rebuilt ($5k) in damage, I'd be willing to bet you have a tiny crack along the lip of the deck.
To find it either wash the car and pop the trunk with it still wet and feel the underside for dampness, or get in the trunk w/ flashlight and have someone--you trust--hose the trunk down, lastly just wait for it to rain.

Water is designed to pool in the spare tire area, but I'd also check your rear seat (if they are wet pull the seat out and let them air dry), don't want it to smell.

A simple body sealer/epoxy will fix it if it is a crack.

Took me about 2months to find all the leaks after got my car back (after 3months in the shop).

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think mine was from the worn weatherstrip...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If you can't see it that's likely your problem, it's gone. :D

There's supposed to be a strip of it all around the lower portion of the trunk opening.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh yea that strip seems kinda loose and worn where do i get that from how about from a junkyard?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Junkyard might be just as worn as what you have, though there may be ways to get it to seal? I haven't tried yet, I'd probably just spring for a new one -fordpartsnetwork.com has them for $64.55

JC Whitney also sells weatherstripping if you could match the profile....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts