TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its like every time it rains, or I go through a car wash my pass. floor
board gets wet!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that it is gitting through the A/C vent!
The one that lets the out side air come in to the car. Any one with any
ideas would be a great help!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Earl 95LX

·
Registered
366 Posts
you air intake for the interiror climate thingy is leaking. its at the base of the windshield under the black plastic crap. i think all you gotta do is go in there with some caulking and seal it back up.

watch out though... if it goes too long you short out the fan like mine did

·
Registered
635 Posts
On my sunroff there are to hoses that funnel water that gets in to the out side of the car my passenger side one had a tear in or something and it leaked the same way.

Oh well good luck!

·
Registered
267 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
you air intake for the interiror climate thingy is leaking. its at the base of the windshield under the black plastic crap. i think all you gotta do is go in there with some caulking and seal it back up.

watch out though... if it goes too long you short out the fan like mine did
i have the same problem. used to happen when it rained but it went away. now, after some wet snow, my floors were soaked and i had to pull the carpet back and dry it. before i pull off that plastic at the base of the windsheild, what am i looking for? a leak around the intake or is it coming in the intake? either way, this sounds easier than pulling the climate control out! thanks!

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
There are 2 things that could be wrong. Under the black plastic cover there is your air intake for the cabin. It should have a lip of metal all around the opening, about 1/2" tall. If it is rusted through, caulk, JBWeld, or something to build up that wall again.

Another thing could be an improper windshield seal. That is what I had. If you know a body guy, he can show you where to install a half inch wide and half inch deep foam strip to route your water away to the drain Ford intended the water to go. I didn't do this myself. Another guy did it for me on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
or you can have a hole in your floorboard like i do :-( stupid jack stand had to mysteriously move from the jack point to the floor.... grumble grumble...

·
Registered
267 Posts
PCD said:
There are 2 things that could be wrong. Under the black plastic cover there is your air intake for the cabin. It should have a lip of metal all around the opening, about 1/2" tall. If it is rusted through, caulk, JBWeld, or something to build up that wall again.

Another thing could be an improper windshield seal. That is what I had. If you know a body guy, he can show you where to install a half inch wide and half inch deep foam strip to route your water away to the drain Ford intended the water to go. I didn't do this myself. Another guy did it for me on the passenger side.
thanks PCD...
i looked under there and the intake looked fine so i'm assuming if there is actually anything wrong, its the windshield seal. its a replacement and the first time, the primer they used didnt hold... could have pushed the windshield right out of the car which is not too good. i also got a nice clamshell at the base of the drivers side a couple months after it was put in from ice falling off a power line while driving. maybe i can convince them to throw in a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts