TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Off I have 1994 ford thunderbird 4.6 "stock motor and heads"

So I just spent the last couple of months replacing my head gaskets, work two jobs and have no time off. Well I took the heads to a friend who grinded them down cause they where warped. "First Mistake" Well I have it all back and everything on and either My block is cracked. Or some how I'm still getting oil into the motor.. I have no idea, Just know I'm like FML.
I replace the intake gaskets as well. But the oil/ water mess looked like dirty dish water then oil/ water from a slow leak.

I did replace the lower coolant/ oil temp senor housing and gasket.. But I didn't noticed any change of oil pressure when I gave it more throttle.
I plan to check the compression but the motor didn't sound terrible when It was running kinda odd. The only thing I noticed was that the pvc tube running down the frame on the passager side seem to have a high vaccum going on it. Any Ideas are greatly appreciated.

As well as does anyone have a pic of the passager side head and the heater tube.. On the 94 4.6 I've been told that the passager side intake gasket over hangs I'm hoping that's the problem but I don't think I'll get off that easy..

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
As well as does anyone have a pic of the passager side head and the heater tube.. On the 94 4.6 I've been told that the passager side intake gasket over hangs I'm hoping that's the problem but I don't think I'll get off that easy..
its supposed to...because of the way the heads are designed to work on both sides of the engine...time to either rip it all apart again, or just replace the engine altogether

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey bigj8705 does your friend owns or works at a machine shop????????
or how did he grind your heads?
No idea I'm willing to bet no he doesn't.
I work at oreillys one of our mobile guys told me he would take it to his guy... Who does good work, he said...
I trusted the mobile guy who I knowed for a while, figure he would do a good job.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yep it sounds like something was overlooked. Did you change your oil right after putting the heads back on? If you are pretty sure that no mistakes were made, you may possibly have a cracked block. I have only ran into this a couple of times. Time to PI it! My brother will also probably sell you his 32v since it looks like we will never do anything with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep it sounds like something was overlooked. Did you change your oil right after putting the heads back on? If you are pretty sure that no mistakes were made, you may possibly have a cracked block. I have only ran into this a couple of times. Time to PI it! My brother will also probably sell you his 32v since it looks like we will never do anything with it.
How Much ? As well as whats the story behind it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I would have to ask him on the price. Where are you located? We have it in a 93 f-150 and only got halfway done with the wiring and stopped since we had to make more room on our lot. We havent gotten back to it yet and now the truck is missing some body parts. The engine is from a 93 Mark VIII and it seems like it had around 130k on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts