TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I admit I am stumped but I'm sure someone else has experienced this. We had a downpour last night and when I got up this morning I had 1/2" of satnding water in the passenger side footwell for the BACK SEAT. I immediately thought of the cowl since I have the old style and we know there was a redesign to overcome leakage but the front footwell is bone dry. I didn't drive the car so nothing came up through the bottom. Has anyone else run accross this before or can water come in the cowl and makes it's way to the rear without leaving the front wet?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
you have a sun roor? There are 4 tube for drainage, one from each corner of the roof. The front two run inside the front A-pilars. The rear two run down inside the rear quarter above the quarter glass, and down inside behind the rear speakers and into the rocker pannles. If your tube came off, you should have a wet ceiling too.

Or, there is a 10mm nut right above the quarter window that holds that black trip piece on the roof that runs along the roof line and along the rear glass to the trunk. The nut might not be sealing right. there should be a plastic plug in your intrtior trim you can pop out to see the nut. Back it off and slap some rtv on it and screw it back on.

It this doesnt stop it, its prolly a leak in your quarter glass seal. Lots of 10mm nuts to get that off, and you need to have a glass shop seal it back on.

Chris

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. No sunroof so I guess it's time to pull the interiour plug to look for that nut

1 - 4 of 4 Posts