TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my water pump is leaking, not good, not good at all, and was wondering how hard is it to change yourself on a 1990 3.8. I might not be able to do it, but i can defiantly pay my roommate to do it. Is this possible to change in our driveway with basic tools, or am i better off taking it in?

·
5,650 Posts
You can definitely do it yourself. You have an older car so you will have a mechanical fan. You'll need the tools to remove the fan shroud, fan/clutch assembly, then the pulley. The water pump is right at the front of the motor and nothing interferes with removing it. Give it a whole day and you'll get it done.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, maybe i'll conquer it. it seems to much easier to pay my roommate $20 to do it, lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he knows what he's doing

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
So how long before we see a new post with the title "waterpump bolt sheared off- help!!"

Just ribbin' ya man :tongue: Good luck. If your friend truly knows what he's doing, maybe this would be a good time for you to tag along and help. Then not only is the wp fixed, but you learned how to do it.

Jay

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahahaha, that may come. This guy knows alot about cars, and graduated from some automotive class at the local college. He's helped me out a couple times, and it might be just the gasket that is the problem...

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I am not maskaten is in't the fan on the front of the motor guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts