TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just last week I was getting ready to do a cooling system flush, and install a 180 degree thermostat. While driving up to NAPA to pick up the thermostat I ordered, (but closed today, it's Sunday) I could smell hot coolant and water. I pulled in the parking lot, looked under the car, and there was a steady drip. Opened the hood, and found that the drip was coming from directly under the bottom center pulley.

Sounds like a water pump to me...

Is there anything available that's better than a stock pump?

RATS!

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
CyLum said:
Just last week I was getting ready to do a cooling system flush, and install a 180 degree thermostat. While driving up to NAPA to pick up the thermostat I ordered, (but closed today, it's Sunday) I could smell hot coolant and water. I pulled in the parking lot, looked under the car, and there was a steady drip. Opened the hood, and found that the drip was coming from directly under the bottom center pulley.

Sounds like a water pump to me...

Is there anything available that's better than a stock pump?

RATS!

i think the only other option would be an electric water pump. It would come with an idler rather than a pulley...i'm not sure exactly. The topic of an electric water pump was on the boards a while back...i did a search and found these (relevant) posts:

Helpful Post #1

Helpful Post #2

hope that helps you out in some way

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Evans Cooling makes a good aftermarket water pump for a 4.6L.Al has one on his '95,and has been more than pleased with it so far. An electric water pump was never intended for a street car-it will fail and leave you stranded if you drive the car everyday.
JL

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
'94-'00 are all the same part.You'll want part #EP3513R-$169.95
JL

·
Registered