TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently did the swap to a cobra radiator and fan. Blew my heater core and rerouted the hose to remove it out of the system. So now, every two or three days the car temp gets to 3/4 on temp gauge. I check the over flow and it is ussally horrible low. Now, I thought about the head gasket being blown. But there is no indcation that is a problem. Oil doesn't have milky color nor is there a smell of anti freeze. The car doesn't smoke at all on start up and there is no water leaking anywhere! Plus the car is still a strong runner! It has a slight miss when It gets to normal op temp, but that is it! I am at wits end. I also thought about a few other things. Maybe a crack in the radiator? Or a bad hose? But agian, there is not the normal indication (water spewing everywhere)! Any one have a thought?

PS..This sounds wierd but I am going to ask, would a bad thermostat cause this? I just changed it...Just a thought.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Your burning in small amounts, or you mixture is off and the water is evap.ing... Pull the plugs, check for liquid indication, else. Try a flush and refill. Remember you have to refill it a normal op temp, that is after the initial fill.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Big Dog!
I am an idiot. I broke the old lower hose clamp which attaches (spelling??) to the water enlet of the motor. So I clampt it with a normal air intake clamp. DON'T ASK HOW I BROKE THE OLD ONE! Any way I stuck my head down and looked while the engine was running. Stupid I know! But it seems there is a constant drip that hits the lower part of the engine, thus causing it to evaporate almost instantly. What water was on the ground, I thought was from the AC! I guess the pressure from the engine on is enouge to push water out. GOOD! I thought I was screwed. I mean all the blown head gasket indications that I have had in other cars never showed there ugly head in the t-bird. No white smoke, cream colored oil, all plugs the same...I was about ready to Scream! :D Refer to quote in signature!

Thanks for the help...Some times I just need to talk it out (so to speak) to figure the problem..I LOVE THIS SITE!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts