TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id post the pics of my new hobby. i actually have always like waxing cars. im not sure y but i know i love to just stare at a freshly waxed car. ok here r the pics and one crappy pic i made so there wasnt 500 :)

tomorrow im gonna try to get a late 90's ram done too. its really bad though. caked with all kinds of crud but so was the truck i did today. it was nasty.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
why dont you go around offering to detail people's cars for a price, i do that during the warm months and i make ALOT of money. People will pay good money for a good detail job and once the word leaks out that you do a good job you will have so many cars you wont know what to do with yourself....(thats only if your good of course ;) )

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what the dude told me. i think im gonna go ahead and try it. gettin paid for doin what i like is rockin :)

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
That's what I do during the summer. I've had a few people last summer that were impressed with how I kept my car and my mom's van clean (you've got to do something when you're not working), and they asked me if I'd do theirs. (Plus i get a lot of practice doing the chevy and didge lot in the area). And you're right, getting paid for something you love to do is a definite plus.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yea but you can only wax so much in a day and ur hands start to hurt! I do the mother's 3 stage system to my car and by the time im done my hands are numb, my dad and i run a used car dealership so i get plenty of practice there.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i use a d/a buffer to put it on. it works great for small shallow scratches and swirls. then i take it off by hand.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
is it a cheapy buffer or a real one (variable speed) those one speed wonders from wal mart are an accident waiting to happen, u dont wanna burn someones paint and lift it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Heres a pic of my wax job:

Use SSR 2.5 made by Poorboys, clay bar, Zaino Polish and Poorboys Wax

·
Registered
871 Posts
I am going to write a tech artilcle sometime in the summer

(that is stock paint & car is always outside)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Theres no shine like mothers.....good luck with the tech article, just be prepared cuz everyone has their own way of waxing, ur gonna have some nay-sayers

Almost looks airbrushed....i miss the look when it was clean, but by no means miss cleaning it.....every day

·
Registered
871 Posts
damn, nice shine :)

I know alot of people are going to have imput but you can't deny the results I get

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
My ex-girlfriends dad paid me to do a total detail job on his truck, and paid me $75. He was real impressed with it! I just hope that he was not just trying to make me feel better. BTW, a full size truck with a bed cover and a real dirty interior is a job to clean.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I washed and waxed my car yesterday. I use zymol and I love the way it makes my car look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts