TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Hey was just scouting around and was given a Aussie Ford link to me by one of my cooworkers . He is a person who loves GM but is converting to the new ford mustang. He shared with me the car that should be here in the states not in Australia. MOA. Any how there placing a DOHC 5.4 with 390 hp/383 ft lbs torque in there mustangs. We are deprived here lol but would love to import this engine in my car. MOA what ya all think? would this be a swap worth placing in our cars.

If anyone of our members has been to or lives in Austraila, Please respond! love to learn more about this and why our blue oval family is keeping this away from us? ( EPA?)

Food for thought! click on the link and see for yoruself.

http://fordperformancevehicles.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.161

nanometer conversion calculator
http://www.norbar-usa.com/itc/

Kilowatts to horsepower conversion tool
http://www.galimoto.co.za/kilowatts_to_horsepower.htm

Merry Christmas to all!

Troy :rolleyes: :confused: :cool: :znanner: :headbang:

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
520 Newton metres of torque how tight is that?! Cast iron block, forged crank, dome pistons, 10.5:1 CR, "Cobra R design" heads, hollow cams, 75mm TB. What a great thing to have under the hood. If there's space, some say the DOHC 5.4L won't fit in a MN12, but I have seen at least one in a late model Mustang. No doubt that is what I'd like to have, and all that power naturally aspirated. Oh yeah and that's a poor excuse for a Mustang with 4 doors and almost euro styling. But I kinda like the looks of it!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
If that car was to lose the wing and add a decent spoiler, that car wouldn't be to bad to have.

It would move

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Holy poop!

Did you guys see the pursuit ute??? Its on the page. I looks like a lightning/mustang. I wonder how much it would be to import that bad boy. Thats probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
You do realize that Australian's are right hand drive cars and trucks. They are like the British and drive on the wrong side of the road.

·
Registered
140 Posts
that thing looks like a subarue ,cant spell it

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Dan Quayle style, eh?

Josh Heilig said:
that thing looks like a subarue ,cant spell it
-e

....Subaru.....

anyway, damn Aussies have some cool stuff down there. Ford of Austrailia (Tickford???) and Holden (GM) have some amazing products:

Aussie Ford Vehicles

Holden

only vehicles i have problems w/ are the 'el camino' half car / half truck things....other than that, i think they're some great cars.

down there, GM still has V8, RWD cars. and up here, they kill the F-body. bastards! well, we'll get a GTO out of the Holden Monaro coupe...but...alas...no F-body. :(

I think Ford should bring up one of their Austrailian cars to replace the Taurus, rather than that crap they're going to replace it with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts