TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How about a "Mark All Forums Read" at the bottom of the home page? Who's Online.......I really like that! "Last unread post" feature for individual threads?

Joe
Can I still see who is online and what they are looking at?
We are actively working on this additional feature, there are a few workarounds that may help you for now.

If you hover over a users avatar, within a thread, it will show recent activity. Also, there is a small green icon under a member’s avatar within a thread that indicates whether they are online. This setting is controlled by the member.

Let me know if that helps or if you have more questions

To see all users online, click “View All” from either the Top Contributors widget or Community Staff widget in the right sidebar.

This will take you to the Members page. From the left sidebar under Members, click on “Online Members”

Jeff M

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've noticed the replacement for the Garage feature, the "Showcase", has bonkers formatting. There is no table set up to make sure content is aligned in to each section. It's all smashed together and inconsistent.
That has already been reported and we are working on some tweak to the layout of the showcase.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like the profanity filter has been turned on. Can it be turned off again?
That is now a global setting to improve SEO and Google search results. Turning it and the NSFW filter off will hurt the site rankings and not foster new growth.

Jeff M

·
The Parts Guy
7,338 Posts

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is now a global setting to improve SEO and Google search results. Turning it and the NSFW filter off will hurt the site rankings and not foster new growth.

Jeff M
Another forum I'm on allows the language filter to be disabled by each individual member, through a function in their account settings. Can something like that be installed here?

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
How about a Forum Jump at the bottom of each individual forum. I see them on the bottom of threads now though.

Joe

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another forum I'm on allows the language filter to be disabled by each individual member, through a function in their account settings. Can something like that be installed here?
How about a Forum Jump at the bottom of each individual forum. I see them on the bottom of threads now though.

Joe
I will share your feedback with the team.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
One thing that was a pleasant surprise is that all of the URLs made to the old forum's threads seem to be automatically translated to the new forum's URLs.

I just looked at one of the old DIYs I wrote and referenced a bunch of threads URLs in the old format.
They get translated properly without any additional work on my part, which is nice.

Q: Will this be a temporary or forever feature? I'd recommend keeping this around forever if possible.

Good job with the migration.

-g

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
One thing that was a pleasant surprise is that all of the URLs made to the old forum's threads seem to be automatically translated to the new forum's URLs.

I just looked at one of the old DIYs I wrote and referenced a bunch of threads URLs in the old format.
They get translated properly without any additional work on my part, which is nice.

Q: Will this be a temporary or forever feature? I'd recommend keeping this around forever if possible.

Good job with the migration.

-g
It is done through URL rewrites and should remain in place.

- Cricket

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
You are just trying to drive the old bastards away from TCCOA.

I have no idea how any of this works.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You are just trying to drive the old bastards away from TCCOA.

I have no idea how any of this works.

Thanks.
Let me know if there is anything I can help you find.

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward-pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop-down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
When using the Tapatalk app, why is that this is the only forum that never loads any of the pages I attempt to visit? It literally just sits there with the "spinning wheel" not doing anything. It wasn't like that on the previous platform. I've tried logging out and logging back in, but it doesn't work still.

However, when I visit DriveAccord using the Tapatalk app, another forum I'm a member of, this doesn't happen.

The other thing, when using my mobile device, when attempting to login to TCCOA through the actual website, it doesn't let me. It spits out an error stating something along the lines of "Captcha not recognized" (I forget exact verbiage) and not letting me login. I don't see a button or box for captcha anywhere on the mobile login page. I can't win when trying to login via a mobile device. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
The "New Posts" link is not updating very well. I'll post something "New" and then have to go to the "Popular" tab to see the thread.

Unless I'm missing something, the two tabs should mirror each other.

·
Super Moderator
9,355 Posts
I just look at the bottom of the main forms page under "latest posts" and it shows the 5 most recent there. Lately, checking 2 or 3 times a day is more than enough to be sure I don't lose anything with a queue that short... :(

I always have to go into the preferences for the new posts search page and tell it to show me threads I've already read.

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
When using the Tapatalk app, why is that this is the only forum that never loads any of the pages I attempt to visit? It literally just sits there with the "spinning wheel" not doing anything. It wasn't like that on the previous platform. I've tried logging out and logging back in, but it doesn't work still.

However, when I visit DriveAccord using the Tapatalk app, another forum I'm a member of, this doesn't happen.

The other thing, when using my mobile device, when attempting to login to TCCOA through the actual website, it doesn't let me. It spits out an error stating something along the lines of "Captcha not recognized" (I forget exact verbiage) and not letting me login. I don't see a button or box for captcha anywhere on the mobile login page. I can't win when trying to login via a mobile device. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.
Tapatalk may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled on your device. The captcha warning is misleading. Its an error we need to fix in the wording. What it should be telling you is your password is incorrect.
-Philip

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The "New Posts" link is not updating very well. I'll post something "New" and then have to go to the "Popular" tab to see the thread.

Unless I'm missing something, the two tabs should mirror each other.
It may just need some time to completely index the site since cut over.
-Philip

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Text markups in the Showcase are not available for all subsections.

Text markups shows under the "General Information" section but not under "History", "Drive Train", "Interior", "Exterior", "Audio", "Lighting", "Exhaust", "Suspension" or "Wheels and Tires".

Please add text markup to the other subsections. Thanks.

Can "Showcase" can be renamed to "Garage" like it used to be?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts