TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
I've noticed the replacement for the Garage feature, the "Showcase", has bonkers formatting. There is no table set up to make sure content is aligned in to each section. It's all smashed together and inconsistent.
That has already been reported and we are working on some tweak to the layout of the showcase.

Jeff M
1: Any update on this issue? :rolleyes:

2:

In addition to #1 Text markups in the Showcase are not available for all sub-sections.

Text markups shows under the "General Information" section but not under "History", "Drive Train", "Interior", "Exterior", "Audio", "Lighting", "Exhaust", "Suspension" or "Wheels and Tires".

Please add text markup to the other subsections. Thanks.

2.1: Can "Showcase" can be renamed to "Garage" like it used to be?

3: Can the "Light Mode" be given the light blue color scheme that the forum used to have? The pure white of light mode is blinding on a desktop monitor.

·
Administrator
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
1: Any update on this issue? :rolleyes:

2:

In addition to #1 Text markups in the Showcase are not available for all sub-sections.

Text markups shows under the "General Information" section but not under "History", "Drive Train", "Interior", "Exterior", "Audio", "Lighting", "Exhaust", "Suspension" or "Wheels and Tires".

Please add text markup to the other subsections. Thanks.

2.1: Can "Showcase" can be renamed to "Garage" like it used to be?

3: Can the "Light Mode" be given the light blue color scheme that the forum used to have? The pure white of light mode is blinding on a desktop monitor.
1 I just had the dev and tech teams pinged to see where we were with this

2Can you explain what you mean by mark ups, if it is a setting I can affect I don't want to get anything hinky, so what does this look and function like to you?

2.1: For now we're going to retain the name of showcase, but if we open any renaming in the future, we'll be sure to run it by the community to get the best name for everyones want

3: Do you find the Dark Mode as a good contrast to the amount of white?

Thanks,

Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
1 I just had the dev and tech teams pinged to see where we were with this

2Can you explain what you mean by mark ups, if it is a setting I can affect I don't want to get anything hinky, so what does this look and function like to you?

2.1: For now we're going to retain the name of showcase, but if we open any renaming in the future, we'll be sure to run it by the community to get the best name for everyones want

3: Do you find the Dark Mode as a good contrast to the amount of white?

Thanks,

Gerrit
Hi Gerrit:

By "Markup" I mean the text editing tool bar with options for Bold, Italic, Underline, links, quotes, lists, emoticons, images, etc. Here's a screen shot from the edit section for my Showcase. The "General Information" section has the tool bar.

Every other section of the Showcase does not have this markup tool bar. Every other section of the Showcase is greyed out. Like so. I have many lists and links that need to be corrected after the transition but no ability to do so. It would be most helpful if the edit tool bar were available in all sections of the Showcase for editing text, links, etc.

·
Administrator
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Here is the new links for the above.

Jeff M
Those are not the same articles - we're referring to content that was never a part of the forum database but was hosted from the root of the old domain.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Here is the new links for the above.

Jeff M
This is what the format of the technical articles used to be.

This is the cached link from Google: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EUjPSvMpNPEJ:https://www.tccoa.com/articles/misc/index.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is another (now broken) link for the T-45 swap: https://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/T45/index.html

Here is another (now broken) link for the JMOD: http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#

The JMOD tech article, as stated before, is what brought over the most amount of hits to this forum.

Attachments

·
Administrator
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hi Gerrit:

By "Markup" I mean the text editing tool bar with options for Bold, Italic, Underline, links, quotes, lists, emoticons, images, etc. Here's a screen shot from the edit section for my Showcase. The "General Information" section has the tool bar.
Thank you for the clarification, I will pass on this concern to our techs to see if we can implement text formatting options for those subsections as well. From what I know the General Information section is where you can flesh out a lot of details, here as those subsections are intended to be simple almost one-line answers. Would switching the wording around to indicate that the "General" section would allow for a more detail overview help from a user's side of thing?

This is what the format of the technical articles used to be.

View attachment 37002

This is the cached link from Google: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EUjPSvMpNPEJ:https://www.tccoa.com/articles/misc/index.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is another (now broken) link for the T-45 swap: https://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/T45/index.html

Here is another (now broken) link for the JMOD: http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#

The JMOD tech article, as stated before, is what brought over the most amount of hits to this forum.
We are currently working on building out support for this, but do not have a clear ETA on when this information will be set up at the moment. We will update you as we have more information.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2,384 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,052 Posts
Can post dates be changed so they display the date after 2 days like they used to? I have noticed that it now takes a full year for the actual date of a post or thread to display, and after a month it becomes completely vague going from “x days ago” where one must do the math, to “x month(s) ago”, +-15 days.

Here are screenshots of what I’m on about, I circled the date portions in red

275BD9F2-547F-45F1-A123-EE6B3935E68A.jpeg E45D1BF7-B901-4BB6-B01C-A975BA69881E.jpeg

·
Administrator
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hi, do we have any status updates on this? Thanks!
I know the crew responsible for this is currently on a backlog, so they may be able to address this into the new year. I am sorry for any delay here.

Can post dates be changed so they display the date after 2 days like they used to? I have noticed that it now takes a full year for the actual date of a post or thread to display, and after a month it becomes completely vague going from “x days ago” where one must do the math, to “x month(s) ago”, +-15 days.

Here are screenshots of what I’m on about, I circled the date portions in red

View attachment 37231 View attachment 37232
Oh, and the function to hover over the "x month(s) ago" portion to see the exact date and time stamp is not desirable then either?
Would you like to see this set at a specific time, like after 2 days, or anything broader?

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Hover over means to move your mouse over something but not click it.

·
Administrator
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ok I see, I’m using the site on my iPhone or iPad 90% of the time so I never noticed I could hover over for exact time.

Is there a way to do this with a touchscreen?
No, you can just click it. This is only a desktop/laptop feature.

Jeff M

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
Could we get an update on the restoration of the Tech Articles section? This missing info is becoming a real pain.

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Since you guys can't do it/won't make it a priority, I put them on my server.

While I'm looking through what I archived, there's a bit of other nifty old stuff there.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts