TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
Since you guys can't do it/won't make it a priority, I put them on my server.

While I'm looking through what I archived, there's a bit of other nifty old stuff there.

THANK YOU!!! These articles are at least as valuable as anything we've posted on the forums over the years, if not more so. I wish the new owners could understand this.

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
You da Man Brandon! Soooo glad that you have these pages archived! THANK YOU!!!

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
Brandon,

I just tried opening the stock sway bar size tech article and it's kicking back a "404 not found" error. Do you happen to have that article archived, or did we lose that info?

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Brandon,

I just tried opening the stock sway bar size tech article and it's kicking back a "404 not found" error. Do you happen to have that article archived, or did we lose that info?
I'll need to give my web server a kick in the pants - sometimes it crashes... I'll do that in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
OK - I took a look and the server was fine... but a lot of the stuff under the suspension category is missing for some reason. I did have a handful of things that again, for some reason, didn't copy over from my original backup archive of the website from 2012ish, but I did have the article in question so it's restored. I'll have to check a few other sources to try and get the rest of the suspension content restored.

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
Thanks again for doing all of this work for the community. It sure would be great if the new owners would restore the tech articles on this site.

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Anyone else seeing the site get really slow lately? Like... it will take an inordinate amount of time to load pages - sometimes timing out. Sometimes if I click the link several times it will eventually load right away, but it usually just sits there for 30 or 40 seconds.

·
Administrator
8,059 Posts
I've noticed but wasn't paying attention to it until you mentioned it. Going through threads and forums now and it might load right away or it might take the 30-40 seconds you mentioned earlier.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
Yeah. It was great after the transition and then lately been getting slower and slower.

·
Administrator
8,059 Posts
What the hell just happened for the last hour? Unless I missed something, I didn't know the site was shutting down for maintenance! :sleep:
Screenshot (6).png

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
Welcome to the new norm ...

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
They are pretty attentive to their higher traffic forums. Lower traffic forums, such as this one, apparently, not so much after the first month or so.

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Yep. Buy us up, feed us candy (that not all of us like!) then poison us slowly.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts