TCCoA Forums banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Administrator
8,216 Posts
Haven't seen this one before! :confused:

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Someone forgot to plug in the 300baud modem.

:)

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
Well, the site is loading quick today, however, edit posts and uploading pix is slow as hell. I don't know about you guys but I often go back and edit my posts to fix typos or add an after thought.

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
Ah, those have a full path instead of a relative path as the URL..... I'll work on that this morning. Should be up in a few.

Edit: Try now. :)

Reactions: Rodeo Joe

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response on a reply we have a bit of a backlog. How is the community working for you now?

We have recently made some updates to the spam controls and settings so the approval queues would catch a lot more potential Spammers. We have also released a few performance upgrades.

Once those are resolved we will start working again on bugs and new features.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
They consider adding a new skin on the "New Posts" button as an improvement, lol.

They lost all the articles, Jmod data, the pages that pretty much made us relevant.

My posts these days mostly pertain to going around the G*ddam mother freaking piece of shiet cursing filter.

We should have a contest for most artistic obfuckication.

If we're fusking lucky, they won't lose the entire database; they've lost over 50% tho, and that's saying something.

Thank the internet gods we have competent members, right?

🤦 < you assholes couldn't even give us back the OG emoticons; how bad does it suck to be you?

It's hard to suck this bad; You guys are all "night collegage" or art institute programmers, arent you?

Reactions: RalphP

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,502 Posts
Normally I'd play good cop in this exchange, but considering the copy/paste form letter response several weeks after the fact I've lost my patience to even do that.

We've had 80+ spammers register to the site this week alone(and probably 300-400 in the past 30 days) and all the queue does is remind me of ONE it caught(which I still have to manually take care of) and check the last several users by manually entering their registration numbers. Its a pain in the ass, we are all alone in our efforts, and we've not had any issues with this on this forum for years and years until a site update a while back, and even with us moderators being vigilant, many register in the very early hours in the morning and immediately are able to post up spam links as we sleep.

This was happening right before the pandemic, so dont bullshit us with that excuse, and "helping" us by adding more pointless updates that we as a community and an actual united team of moderators have zero input on isn't a solution we are satisfied with. Get someone who knows what they're doing who can actually communicate with us in real words in real time with quick solutions. So far the apparent sweeping updates of the entire verticalscope family umbrella of forums has been disappointment after disappointment, broken promises and solutions nobody here asked for, and made this and various other forums cookie cutter shells of their former selves.

I have screenshots of the ironic "we've updated! with improved spam measures" as the page in the background on is a registered spammer from Vietnam!

And we've heard since October the tech articles were being worked on... I'm curious, does anyone there even know the URL to where they were, let alone know what they are? It seems like AGadmin has a lot of different names dealing with us, and I suspect these details are completely lost on the next fella who occasionally pops in.

And pardon us for being curt, but this site worked great a mere 8 months ago, and worked great for an many years Verticalscope or autoguide or whatever your calling yourselves these days have owned us. I never had any bad things to say, even with many of us disappointed TCCoA is not owned by the community, until now. The previous owners(authority auto network) ran this forum into the ground with their awful server poor communication, and abysmal anti-spam measures, but at least the site still worked like everyone preferred it to when it did. When you bought us the site stabilized, actual useful features like the garage and chatbox were added and it seemed to run like a top for YEARS! What the hell happened?

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
It's hard to suck this bad; You guys are all "night collegage" or art institute programmers, arent you?
HEY!

I went to night college!!!

I resemble that remark!!

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
Ah yes, wouldn't be "newTCCoA" without the usual morning errors.

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Hello

Sorry for the delayed response on a reply we have a bit of a backlog.

We have recently made some updates to the spam controls and settings so the approval queues would catch a lot more potential Spammers.

Once those are resolved we will start working again on bugs and new features and see if we can restore the tech articles.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
17,502 Posts
I have caught more spammers than the queue has, the queue is just a reminder for me to check the backlog of new users when I come on. Nothing has improved with spam control in the last two months, it’s been out of control.

Put in IP blocks, and don’t allow posts to be made for at least 24 hours after registration.

Edit: this is how effective the queue is. Joined 19 minutes ago with a Pakistan IP and made a boner pill thread. Just wonderful work, “team”. Way to go 🙄

Why can these users start threads when they’re flagged in the queue? This is the stupidest feature I have ever seen. Hacks.

·
Super Moderator
17,502 Posts
Hello?

Sorry to inconvenience your monthly checkup quotas but NOTHING has been resolved and all the updates that we have received have only made things worse. The latest is this issue observed by numerous members.

Anyone seen this error message before?
"You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days "

I was adding something to a post I had written a few days ago.
If this is some sort of anti-spam measure IT IS NOT WHAT WE ASKED FOR! The Moderator team is very active and on top of clearing spam accounts, they’re seldom on long enough to make or let alone edit posts.

The gaping wound you have created is in the registration process. FIX THIS!

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Hello,

Sorry about the late response.
These are the rules when it comes to editing posts.

"Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days."

This is placed to prevent loopholes from occurring within the site.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
What "loopholes"? I don't follow the logic. Granted, 10 edits a week is reasonably generous. That's just over 1 a day for posts older than 24 hrs.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts