TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the only owner here in utah apparently, it kinda blows. So i was thinking, we need more. Does anybody here (particularly moderators) have a flyer you can email me and i can stick them under bird and cougar windshields? i think my bishop here has a black 94/95 and a few more around here.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
What!? No internet in Utah? ;)

I'm sure you could whip up something to post yourself, too. The more uncomplicated it is, the more likely people will actually respond. But then again, most people probably just get annoyed with unsolicited advertisements tucked under their windshield wipers....they look at it, roll their eyes, toss it on the ground and drive off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
A flyers is easy to make

but, does your bishop work on cars?

what about the others?

I see lots of T-birds, but a good portion are driven by a bunch of Blue Hairs

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Exactly, most are driven by the older set. I thought I have found other enthusiasts to be totally wrong.

for example:

1) a 96/97 Thunderbird at a picnic. Well cared for, semi performance tires, dark tinted windows, a well thought out exiting exhaust. I was trying to see the dash to see if it was a 96 or 97, owner came up and I asked him, and he didn't know, I looked at the dash to confirm it was a 97. He didn't know if it was a 3.8 or a 4.6, nothing.

2) 97 Cougar, pearl and tan interior, what looked like the factory lacy spoke wheels missing center caps. I don't even think the guy new it was a Cougar, he looked at me weird when I asked about his Cougar and that mine was the one he parked next to.

I ran out of the business cards I got for signing up originally. Only one other person I have talked to knew about TCCoA (that I didn't meet due to TCCoA) and he had a Thunderbird that was so beat up the only thing that was readable was the TCCoA window sticker, every square inch of the car was scratched, rusted, dented, or no paint.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can make you up something cool, just let me know what you want and I can send it to you as a PDF.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I will state right now that I HATE FLYERS STUCK ON MY CAR. My car is my property and it violates my privacy when someone sticks a flyer on it.

I had some clothing consignment shop stick one on my Cougar a couple of weekends ago & I just about called them to rip them a new one.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I will state right now that I HATE FLYERS STUCK ON MY CAR. My car is my property and it violates my privacy when someone sticks a flyer on it.

I had some clothing consignment shop stick one on my Cougar a couple of weekends ago & I just about called them to rip them a new one.
How does it violate your privacy at all? You're car is parked in a public place, in the public eye. The exterior of your car is not very private.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no the bishop doesn't work on cars, yes he is old, and i do occasionally pass a good lookin bird in salt lake city but it's rare. think i saw an sc yesterday but couldn't get a closer look.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
How does it violate your privacy at all? You're car is parked in a public place, in the public eye. The exterior of your car is not very private.
Because it is my car and my car is PRIVATE PROPERTY no matter where it is parked.

The people that put their crap on my car do not own it so they have no right to touch it.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
it california its against the law to put flyers on peoples cars because people throw them on the gound instead of in a trash can. but hey good luck

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
It would be nice for car shows. People leave their windows cracked just for the reason of getting flyers. At least that is what they do in the Midwest. If you are entered in a cruise or car show there will be 5-10 flyers in your drivers seat when it is over. No one gets mad, and alot of people actually want the flyers so they know what is going on.

C.Hill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts