1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Option #1: NOS replacement parts
Can these even be found?

Option #2: Aftermarket parts
I've replaced my door & trunk weather stripping with aftermarket products. The aftermarket weather stripping I've found does not fit very well, especially with the trunk. The trunk weather stripping I found is oversized. Now, I have to slam the trunk or lean on it to get it to close. :zbash:

Option #3: Ford parts that are interchangeable?
Is MN12 weather stripping unique, or are some Ford weather stripping parts interchangeable and still available?

This is a comparison of my old & new trunk weather stripping:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steele Rubber Products - Door weatherstrip

I found these guys above and Supercoupe Performance has some weather stripping.
Thanks!

I've purchased weather stripping from both of these places.

About a month ago, I purchased and installed the trunk weather stripping. As I've said, the trunk was hard to close. However, we had a spring-time heat wave last week, with temperatures in the 90s for most of the week. Now, the trunk shuts normally, with very little effort. I guess a week of hot weather helped the rubber "relax" and make shutting the trunk easier.

When I have time, I'll post photos of the door weather stripping, installed. It seems to function okay. Cosmetically speaking, it has some unsightly gaps.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It can't be any worse than the factory trunk seal, which doesn't seal for ****. The biggest offenders are the 96-97 seals, which seem to have an extra "flap", that sometimes folds under.

The "trough" area near the window needs to be clear of leaves, etc to keep water from backing up and seeping in, but even with that clear, they still let in some water in that area.

Al

·
Registered
484 Posts
My '92 trunk stays dry until you open it. All water on the lid goes into the trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts