TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bird to the track last summer for the first time. I ran it twice on a really miserably hot, humid day. It ran back to back 14.1's.

So I got my car back to the track for the first time in 2010 for midnite madness at Gateway last night. My car is still exactly the same as it was when I ran it last summer. My first run was at 10:45 last night and then my second run was at about 1:00 am. Needless to say, I was quite happy. I ran a 13.8 @ 100 and then a 13.7 @ 101. That was also leaving off idle with a stock converter! Man do I need a good stall in this thing!!! I would imagine my car should dip into the really low 13's with a good converter. I know I'm making good power but my stock converter just isn't getting the job done.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The weather does influence things pretty heavily. I lose 3 tenths in the summer versus fall/winter.

What are your mods? Those are really good times for a stock converter. Even more amazing is that it has held up.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weather does influence things pretty heavily. I lose 3 tenths in the summer versus fall/winter.

What are your mods? Those are really good times for a stock converter. Even more amazing is that it has held up.
Hmmm, that's not too reassuring....LOL

My mods are a PI engine with 11:1 compression,
full bolt ons,
4.10's
tuned

BTW, my stock converter is out of a 97' GT stang. I'm not sure how much more advantage is gives me over a stock T-bird converter, but it is a bit smaller.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm not to sure on the gt stang converter of that year but it is better than the t bird one if it is a smaller diameter. What pistons did you use for 11:1 compression?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,452 Posts
Regarding stock TCs, Lonnie told me this in an e-mail a few months ago:

Lonnie said:
The Marauder TC will stall the same as the Mark 8 but it is built better. The Mark 8 is the same TC as what was installed in all the 4.6 GT Mustangs. They took the Mark TC and put it in the Mustang. The Marauder TC is the same as the Mach 1. Any of these will give you a slightly higher stall speed than your stock unit and allow you to shift at higher rpms.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rebuilt my engine a couple years ago and am using Diamond Forged pistons (not that that matters for compression) but I'm using an 11cc dish. My heads were shaved .025" also. 11:1 might not be the exact number it is but I figured it to be up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts