TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you will feel you can use this. I was just turned on to this site this weekend by a friend of mine who is a mechanical engineer. He is the guy (if any of you remember) is working on a custom Delorean (www.projectdelorean.com).

The site is for a web-based network of machine shops. You select things like the media you want the product fabricated from, the gauge, shape, and all the other specifics. Once made on the site you can plug in your information and you will receive a price for the item. If you are good with it, you can then pay for the part and it will be made and shipped to your home.

The link is: www.emachineshop.com

·
Registered
138 Posts
bad ass Delorean. I drive it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I couldn't agree with you more. He has done so much work it isn't even funny.
No he is going to supercharge it with the MN12 SC supercharger.
He widened the body 8" in the rear, fabricated a 100% custom interior, engineered the new suspension and brake set up (front and rear), and pulled the original mechanical fuel injection engine and upgraed to an Eage Premier electronic fuel injection 3.0 V6.
He has taken it to just 2 shows and already won 5 awards.
I am very impressed with what he has done considering most of this he has had to teach himself along the way.
I am basically trying to learn as much as I can from him.

So, I ask... Do you need a car like this? No... no one "needs" a car like that.
But do you WANT a car like that? Bet your *** I want a car like that!

Ha-ha

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The site is for a web-based network of machine shops. You select things like the media you want the product fabricated from, the gauge, shape, and all the other specifics. Once made on the site you can plug in your information and you will receive a price for the item. If you are good with it, you can then pay for the part and it will be made and shipped to your home.

The link is: www.emachineshop.com
You're only about 4 years behind the times... :D :tongue:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=47393&highlight=emachineshop

From what I saw, the major "issue" was that the timeframes were very long (unless you're willing to pay large dollars). I haven't used them, but do have their software loaded. One of these days I'm sure I'll eventually use them for something. :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts