TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some fun this weekend, any good leave Friday night back Sunday night suggestions for Texas or surrounding states?

·
Administrator
8,005 Posts
Take a ride back up to In-N-Out Burgers and grab me one of those t-shirts, XL please! :D

Joe

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
Does Texas have mountains?

Find an off season hotel somewhere in the boonies, with a long curvy road with a high speed limit and little traffic, and go party for the weekend.

A cute, curvy friend makes this even better. :)

This is my preferred way to spend free time...

Of course, some dates like the curvy roads more than others, lol.

Don't you guys have roads with no speed limits? :D

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there roads without speed limits in TN?

Actually, I see a change of plans, road trip can wait, just got my auto insurance renewal, it doubled, so I'm gonna shop around, maybe it'll just be high, but I'm 30 with a perfect driving record....2400 a year seems steep. I was paying that when I was 22 with tickets & accidents.

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
Only if you don't get caught. :rofl: (j/k)

I thought some of the western states were open SL in the middle of nowhere; I guess that's too good of a revenue stream. :)

Probably a fable left over from the 50's...

Sux about the ins; buying a house helped a lot on car ins for me, YMMV.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Actually, I see a change of plans, road trip can wait, just got my auto insurance renewal, it doubled, so I'm gonna shop around, maybe it'll just be high, but I'm 30 with a perfect driving record....2400 a year seems steep. I was paying that when I was 22 with tickets & accidents.
Well that sucks. Shop around.

I am paying 2300 a year for 5 cars full coverage, and a motorcycle with 3 drivers, one driver 24.

Cars:
98 Trans Am
90 RX-7
95 Tbird
04 Regal GS
05 Town Car

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Sometimes you have to change insurance providers to get the best deal. Its annoying!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Getting back to the trip question...Lonely Planet has published a book on road trips for many places in the US. I especially liked the one for Austin, TX which features both live music and as many Barbecue restaurants as you would care to try. They have a website where you can get more details about the book but not so much info on the specific trips....KF4sign (Warren)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts