TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'll be putting my light weight rotors back on there 5 pounds lighter per side, so 10 pounds total, next will be skinnys, this is new on me but we will try it, the rims are 16 pounds and tires are 11 my current setup is 46 each, so I'll be taking 25 pounds off each front wheel for a total of 50lbs, how does skinnys and the less rotating mass effect times?

My second weight loss will be mark 8 control arms they cost me 22 bucks, and I'm using dlf bushing were the toe compensator is not used! At this time I don't plan on buying light weight back rims, just to much money

Any input guys

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Rear seat delete? Only supposed to be 25 lbs but every little bit counts right?

I was thinking about doing this for a little extra performance but I've heard some say it doesn't do anything noticable... so I guess I will still do it just because I hate it when I have more than 2 people ride with me.

Daily driver right?

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
Passenger. Up to 300 pounds :diablo:

RwP

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
I estimated the weight with dumbbells 5 minutes after I had it out. I didn't have a scale handy to get it exact when I told you:tongue:
I'd expect better from you. :mad:

You need to get a scale that measures down to grams like GM has. :tongue:

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Lose some weight yourself? I dont remember if youre 150 or 250 sorry.

Light batt is worth it. Maybe run a motorcycle batt.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
The lightweight wheels and tires will help along with the other things. The hood you replaced is likely around 10-15+ lbs lighter, the wheels and tires 50 going to the skinnies. The air bag in my car was 16lbs. The Mark Aluminum rear is negligible at best by the time you change it out and add the puck for the springs. Mine was like 2 lbs lighter after that. A lighter battery or relocated one works well and reduces some weight too. I've never run without the full interior so can't comment on that.

Most of that as you'll notice is coming off the nose which should help weight transfer to the rear.

Total I'd say maybe 3 tenths with your updated tune/power levels and less than 100 lbs off the car. But it depends on the car and conditions once again.

Power along with weight, etc make the difference.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well I'm not taking the seats out, I'm lazy, and I doubt I'll remove the airbag, I'll think on that. Well with the updated air intake that we did earlier this year really helped on air flow. I'm doing the big Kooks 1-3/4 headers, and the car is done.

The goal is in the 10.4x range.

The hood is exactly 20 lbs lighter from my hood that had bracing removed.

Robert

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Well I'm not taking the seats out, I'm lazy, and I doubt I'll remove the airbag, I'll think On that, well with the updated air intake that we did early this year really help on air flow I'm doing the big kooks 1 3/4 headers, and the car is done, the goal is in the 10.4x range

Robert
I wouldn't worry about the seats or putting the Mark VIII lowers in it. Go with what you're planning and the lighter battery. Hope you have it tuned for the newer set up or it could go lean. If it were me I'd be more interested in getting the car to leave harder, ie more stall, etc and then getting it to hook. You need to get down in the 1.4 to mid 1.5 60's. Watching it run it seems really soft on the launch to me. Just my opinion. What you pick up in the first 60' nearly triples itself down track all things considered.

The car should be a low 10 high- 9 second ride.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeap 1.68 60 ft is about average

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why not

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
guess you missed the :tongue: down below.

But in all seriousness, how much weight you want to lose, is up to you.
There is at minimum, a 1,000 lbs you can take off these cars.....I have done it, and when time and money allow, I will drop another 200-300 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
forget weight loss, crank up the boost....40psi or bust...you scared of boost??!?! :tongue:
Pfft. I took this screen shot from the GoPro video that I shot of his car last December.

Does it look like he's scared of boost or even a few RPM's for that matter ... ? LOL :tongue:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts