TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I have this weird symptom coming from the bird. After I drove the car from repairing the deteriorated evap system, I noticed a weird sound coming from the engine. Every time I accelerate follow by a release of the gas pedal a "thump" sound can be heard after the rpms rev down... It's not loud but you can hear it when the radio is off. It's not a surge or a bucking feeling fyi. Any help resolving this issue would be great.

·
Administrator
13,808 Posts
Broken engine mount would be my guess.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Broken engine mount would be my guess.
Gets my vote too. I had a busted engine mount on my tbird before I upgraded the engine. you could see that little v6 visibly lift itself a few inches if the hood was up ad you give it a little gas (clearly the observer should stand beside the car vs in front of it).

·
Super Moderator
11,414 Posts
It could also be a transmission mount.
If it's the drivers mount it can kill you.then,
The engine will rotate up, catching the throttle blade fitting on the pad on the inside of the hood, This jacks the throttle,Which goes WFO.
Even with both feet on the brakes, it will push you into an intersection.
I lost three good wheels on that one, but I missed the school bus.

You'll want to fix that.:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could also be a transmission mount.
If it's the drivers mount it can kill you.then,
The engine will rotate up, catching the throttle blade fitting on the pad on the inside of the hood, This jacks the throttle,Which goes WFO.
Even with both feet on the brakes, it will push you into an intersection.
I lost three good wheels on that one, but I missed the school bus.

You'll want to fix that.:)
What the... Man I'm glad it hasn't passed emmisions yet lol. Few more months left. 97s tbird and 97-98 mark viii's are the last of the mn12 emmision bandits lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I have this weird symptom coming from the bird. After I drove the car from repairing the deteriorated evap system, I noticed a weird sound coming from the engine. Every time I accelerate follow by a release of the gas pedal a "thump" sound can be heard after the rpms rev down... It's not loud but you can hear it when the radio is off. It's not a surge or a bucking feeling fyi. Any help resolving this issue would be great.
Check the motor mounts. That what it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
What the... Man I'm glad it hasn't passed emmisions yet lol. Few more months left. 97s tbird and 97-98 mark viii's are the last of the mn12 emmision bandits lol
And where are you located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts