TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...Here we go. Let's say you bought a car that someone had taken the EEC out of. If you didn't know the original code off of the EEC, how would you go about getting the right one? Would any EEC configuration code work? I was just thinking that all '92 T-birds with a 5.0L had the same tranny, so that wouldn't be an issue. Am I missing something here?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm gonna post this in the 5.0L forum as well in case that is a better place to ask

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm actually just wanting to put an EEC in that doesn't have California emissions like my stock one does. I also can't even find where mine is in the car. It's a 92 LX model. What is the config code on the one you are selling?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don't think mine was a California car, almost positive, if you can find out how to tell I'll let you know if it was, I bought it from Brian Herron in St. Louis about two years ago. The catch code on the EEC is L1C.

-J

·
Registered
773 Posts
Pass side up high pull kick panel, pull out black plastic coated insulation, open glove box look to right, pull out another black plastic coated insulation piece, and you should be able to see it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts