TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past couple of days Ive noticed a weird noise from my engine. Its like a valve rattle, but when you rev it in neutral or park, theres no rattle. Oil was changed 1500 miles ago (10w-30 pennzoil platinum) Also got the P0430 CEL, which means Catalyst Below Efficiency (Bank 2). Im going on a long trip next week and hope that its nothing serious.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? It only really does it at operating temperature so im starting to think its that funky oil. Its never done it before when I ran Motocraft in it for 5000 miles.

·
5,650 Posts
It's a long shot but it might be the PCV valve. The little marble thing in there could be rattling. The code for catalyst efficiency is not a good sign. Either the 02 sensors aren't playing nice or the cat on that side is about to die. If it does indeed decide to crap out, it can break apart and plug your exhaust pretty good, and that can cause a host of other problems. Not good if you're going on a long trip.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was the PCV valve. Its fairly new too, about a year old. I just sprayed it with WD-40 for now until I go out and get a new one. Now my LCA/lower ball joint is bad on the passenger side, woo freakin hoo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts