TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i was wondering if anybody has had this problem i got this weird clanging noise coming from my 92 t-bird sc not to sure where its coming from but it sounds ugly the car performanc is fine runs good the only thing im having trouble with is my torque converter i had my tranny rebuilt but a couple of weeks later when im driving once in a while when i acelarte it would make this whinning noise like the tranny slipping but a machnic told me it was the torque so can the torque conveter be making that clanging noise im hearing it sounds like somethings loose or like rattling around somewhere any info will be helpful

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Just FYI, my rear brake calipers rattle like heck when I go over the slightest bump. Does it still heppen when you lightly depress the brake pedal? If so, you can count out that idea! Check this link on the TCCoA tech article also, it's the last one on the page. If I can find more info, I'll post it...in the meantime I would just jack the car up, and start looking for anything loose, hanging, or banging underneath the car. Have a friend stick his (or her) head out the window to see if they can tell the general area it's coming from.
-Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts