TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 lx. i pulled into the parking lot of target the other day and shut off my car. it started making this weird vibrating noise from under the hood and then it stopped when i started the car and shut it off again. then today i was sleeping and my sister told me that my car was making a weird noise... but the ignition is off, the keys are not in the car, and it definitely isnt running...lol Has anyone ever heard of this before?
also my anti-lock light just came on. could this have anything to do with it?

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
It's not a ticking, popping noise is it? The exhaust will make noise as the system cools.

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no its definitely not that. i drove it last night around 11pm and went to bed. then my sister heard it doing it in the morning? it sounds like something electrical maybe. its like a weird vibrating sound kind of like a cell phone vibration except alot louder. you can hear it just by walking by the car. it wasnt doing it when i went outside though, so i guess it goes off and on? thanks for the help...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok now i figured out it does have something to do with the brakes, because when i apply the brakes, the vibration gets louder and faster.... this is with the car not even running though... i'm not even moving anywhere.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ABS maybe??

Jay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah somethings wrong with the abs. im not even going to bother fixing it. this car is falling apart. i just took the fuse out to the brakes and it stopped doing it. i guess ill just drive with no abs.. :tongue:

·
Registered
674 Posts
yeah sounds like the accumulator motor is shorting, or the relay is sticking... I've got a buzzing from my b-pillar b/c my auto seatbelt is fubarred... anyway, i agree w/ 95badbird, abs is def overrated. It can cause accidents..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts