TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got that premium sound bypass cable, and all is well.

Or so I thought anyway. It does seem to be just plug and play (the directions say so anyway). For some reason, though, the left channel doesn't get anything. If I hook up the ford amp, the left, right, front, and back settings all work fine, but when the bypass cable is plugged in all I get is the front and back right channels. I had bought another cable before and it did the same thing so I took it back and got another only to have the exact same problem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's been A while since I have looked at the connectors, but if you are having the same problem with two different cables you might want to take a good look at the connectors in the car.

You might have inadvertently bent the connectors, and now they are not making contact.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I know what Mister T is talking about. He already has his aftermarket head unit installed with a harness/plug from BestBuy. Not wanting to be limited by the factory amp, he bought an amp bypass cable. In theory, the head unit itself should be powering the speakers instead of the factory amp. The head unit sounded okay before installing the amp bypass cable in place of the factory amp. Now, no sound comes from the left channel. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem resolved... I took the head unit out and rewired the harness and soldered the connections. I'm still stumped as to why it worked with the amp but not the bypass cable. Does the amp combine the two channels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts