TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 cat is making a weird sound when it first starts up. Like there's some kind of metal on metal contact. Once I start moving it stops. It just started doing this accouple of days ago on a trip that was about 150 miles. My odometer doesn't work to good so I really can't say for sure, but it seems like i'm using a little more gas then usual. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

-D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hard to explain. It's not really a rattle or a squeel. I guess it could be more like a squeel, but it's not high pitched at all. It could almost sound like a sucking sound but I don't think it is. Thanks for your help.

-D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I don' t think it's the filter. I hadn't changed it on the trip, it just started on the way back from a trip. It was really rainy the 2 days I was driving. Thanks for your help.

-D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your help. It was my AC compressor, the pulley locked up. Which would explain why my car has no balls. So i'll do the quick fix with a new serpentine, and then look into the price of a compressor. Again thanks!

-D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts