TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions well first i have a 95 with a 4.6. When you put it into reverse and give it some gas there is a loud squeal but it quits when no gas is applied.
There is also a clunk when i turn left but all my ball joints seem to be tight.

Third my abs light is on and my traction control doesnt work. when you start it the lights are off but as soon as i move it turns on and the abs grabs when the brakes are applied then they dont work.

Also one of my tail lights doesnt light up

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
The clunk could be a bushing, or maybe a bad wheel bearing.

Check the tailight bulb. Swap sides if you can't tell if it's good or not.

Have the codes scanned and tell us what they are. Go to Autozone, tell them it's a 96 w/ OBDII, and the port is on the pass. side near the center console under the glove box area. Black connector, can't miss it.

Jay

·
Banned
36 Posts
thanks, I need to stop hijacking threads but after searching for stuff i can't find I post my own thread then get criticized for it and then i ask in other threads and get infractions for hijacking :S

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
thanks, I need to stop hijacking threads but after searching for stuff i can't find I post my own thread then get criticized for it and then i ask in other threads and get infractions for hijacking :S
join the crowd.. lol

blueoval.. my car does the same thing but it only did it after the accident (mailbox)
check the ABS booster behind the drivers fender.. my literally exploded and i had to have it replaced (although it still doesnt work) there should be some external relays on the ABS booster itself. check those.. i replaced those on mine and my abs works fine now (altho i hate ABS lol). also check the lines going to hem. have your brake system flushed and bled, etc. makesure all your lines are nice and clean.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
join the crowd.. lol

blueoval.. my car did the same thing but it only did it after the accident (mailbox)
check the ABS booster behind the drivers fender.. mine literally exploded and i had to have it replaced (although it still didnt work) there should be some external relays on or around the ABS booster itself. check those.. i replaced those on mine and my ABS works fine now (altho i hate ABS lol). also check the lines going to the booster. have your brake system flushed and bled, etc. make sure all your lines are nice and clean.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
delete the first one. i didnt mean to post it twice. sorry guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the tail light i ment its where the bird is the left one is bright the right one is completely out.

I took it to my local shop and he hookd it up to his scanner and it didnt throw any codes so i have no idea? and i will check all that abs stuff to see if there is anything wrong. i should have told you that it didnt stop working until the passanger side ball joint broke so i had to change it in my apartment parking lot.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Maybe ripped a wire loose when the joint let go. Maybe pull the tire and see if there is anything obvious.

Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts