TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody getting weird spam emails like this? I have gotten three of them today, from different people. A little different wording, but the same scam.

Dear Sir / Madam

It is my sincere gratitude to acquaint you of this proposal for the purpose of investment in your country.
I know this letter will come to you as surprise; I am Francis Dou Guei, the son to Gen. Robert Guei.
Of Cote'd' Ivories, the former military ruler who was just killed in cote'd' Ivoire, on the 19 /9/2002
by the militant rebel troop on the ongoing the political upheaval in my country Ivory coast.
As a result of the crisis, I escaped immediately for safety to Abuja en-route the Republic Benin on
political asylum. Before his death he deposited / lodged the sum of US$18.5000,000.00(Eighteen point
five million us dollars), which was left under his official control, but for personal reason he had lodged
it with a security company.
He deposited the said funds concealed in boxes with private security company in Europe.. Before my father
died, he instructed me to make sure this money is utilized on a viable and worthwhile venture / company
in re-investment discreetly outside African, bearing in mind the political uncertainties in African.

Because of the circumstances surrounding my stay here in Abuja here, where my traveling is restricted.
Hence I am seeking for your investment advice based on the intuitive confidence I have in you to assist
in the investment of this fund in your company or in any viable investment profile. Which will be under
your supervision and management.

I am ready to compensate you adequately for your assistance, which is open to negotiation in the execution
of this straightforward business.

Kindly treat with exigency, for I won't like making same enquiry elsewhere.

Yours truly,

Francis Guei
<i> email removed </i>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea I also got one. It came to my Mizzou email but not my hotmail email.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
I got one in my AOL mailbox...deleted that mofo.

I hate spam....unless it's a spamburger, or a spamwitch......with a little mustard...

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I have gotten a lot of those. I just keep deleting them as you can't really block them as they have used different email addresses everytime and the email is not the same.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The FBI is going after these people. Unfortunately, if you don't send the people money and lose it, you can't be added to the case. I would use the free reporting service at http://www.spamcop.net (I used it myself for the very same e-mail earlier tonight).

They finally caught the "International Drivers Liscense" people earlier this month.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Me too

Actually, I did some research on this - and basically this is a scam in which the "Nigerian billionaire" will attempt to transfer money through you - and you get a percentage of it. Of course you have to pay some $$ for the transfer to initiate, "tarrifs, taxes, etc..." which is what the scam is really about.

Read about it on some newsgroups somewhere - I cant believe people actually fall for this kinda stuff :)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
What the heck was that???

I wanted to say "delete" but I must have typed in some code that marked out my sig.

Whoa!!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
tbird9768 said:
What the heck was that???

I wanted to say "delete" but I must have typed in some code that marked out my sig.

Whoa!!
The <del> tag is for citing material which is now gone or updated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts