TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've run across something that is baffling me and wonder if anyone has heard of this or had an experience like this.

I own a 68 tbird which I'm trying to sell. I've posted it on many (mainly free) web ad sites. In the past month, I've gotten four responses from four different people in Nigeria, Africa saying different things, but I would guess that they're all related somehow, even though all four queries are from different people. The queries range from being a car/boat/etc saleman with stores all over Africa to one being some kind of royalty and going thru a coronation and wanted the car. HUH?!?!?! I like the car too, but if that don't beat all!!
They say that they have shipping taken care of, so technically, if I could get the money I want for it, then I could sell it to them. I was hoping someone would offer to buy it that would cherish it and continue the work I've done to it, but this is just too weird.

Anyone ever heard of something like this??

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I agree - that's a little weird. I like that model year. Is yours 2 door or 4 door? It'd be nice for a local enthusiast to purchase the car, but if you get a buyer who's willing to pay what you want, then why not? Since they're responding to that particular car, there might be something special they like - all enthusiasts aren't just in the U.S.

Get the CASH first - Nigeria is NOTORIOUS for scams! Even if it's a cashiers check, be sure it clears! Then be sure you've filed the title transfer/release of liability!

BTW - I just saw this 68 for sale: http://www.forneymuseum.com/1968Thunderbird.htm
Who know what shape it's in for that price, though...

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm

It's a 2 door hardtop--the least produced variation of that year. An austere or spartanly equipped car, but big on power for sure, with the 429 I had rebuilt this last spring.

I'll go ahead and respond to them and see what they want. Cash is a must for sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Watch it if you reply to them,there's a lot of credit card forgery& idenity theft happening around there. Be VERY careful what info you send to them.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check this out

Resolution:
A member the Glamorbird Yahoogroups (of which I subscribe) pointed me to this...
http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/state/tips_nigeria.html
Fun...Sure I'd love to meet a hitman on some alley where he'd kill me and take my car and my money.
I'll pass. <sigh>:zbash:
Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts