TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I turn the corner and accelerate slowly, as I hit about 50 my ABS light and T/A OFF light come on simultaneously and the tach drops to 0. The car is still running fine at this point so I try pressing the traction assist button with no change in the light on the dash. I press the brake and the radio cuts out. I let off the brake, it comes back on. I hit the accelerator and the car stumbles, pulls out of it and everything goes back to normal. WTF could cause this? It could be in my head but after the car snapped out of it I swear the headlights were brighter. Only thing I can think of is alternator but I've never had all the other crap happen with a failing or failed alternator before in any other car I've owned. Totally baffled here.

·
Registered
654 Posts
My car did crazy stuff like that right before the battery died.

FYI The battery died to the point that the car quit while driving down the street. It was fine one min, funky for a couple of seconds, then F-yew, I quit!

·
Registered
219 Posts
it's possessed by demons , otherwise known as general motors engineers . get it to the first church with a priest that can do exorcism's and do not look when he draws them out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to replace the battery two days ago. Car wouldn't start battery was almost 8 years old so I didn't think anything of it at the time. It tested bad when I took it in so I bought a new one and off I went. Now I'm wondering if there's anything related between the two.......

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This all happened with the new battery in. Just wondering if a short somewhere could cause both the battery to die one day and my symptoms I had last night?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So now I leave work and the battery's dead. Jumped it and came home but too tired to mess with it tonight. I have to assume my alternator will test bad but why wouldn't I get the voltage light?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts