TCCoA Forums banner

Welcome to the New TCCoA Forums!!!

5K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 ·
We have admittedly had some issues with the current software that were proving to tougher to resolve than we would like. So in an effort to continue to provide the best site available, we are going to scrap the current forum system in favor of this one.

I wish I could import all the current users and posts, but it's simply not feasible. To that end, once testing is complete, we'll shift to this new board, but leave the current board active so that nothing is missed.

This vBulletin software has proven itself on VERY high-traffic sites. Its speed and versatility were its strongest points to me. As of this writing, the JeepsUnlimited forum has the following stats posted: Members: 22,269, Threads: 248,192, Posts: 2,117,592. That's more than we're ever likely to see....but we can always hope. :D

Please let me know what you think. I know that two forum changes in 6 months is a lot, but I'm confident this will last us for a LONG LONG time.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA President

See less See more
#3 ·
I can turn HTML support on if I like. I just haven't yet. I probably will though.

This thing has so many features.......

Sir William

#4 ·
I like It!

This seems to be more user fiendly than the other forums too. Are there going to be moderators for each forum? To bad you had to do all that work with the other forums, then have to scrap them. Anyways looks real good sir william. Can we be expecting to ever get a new design/layout for the rest of the site? I remember a while ago some talk about it and was wondering if they are still in the future plans. No big deal or anything, just wondering.

#5 ·
The attachment feature WILL be disabled. I don't want everybody and their brother uploading crap. If they can't do it another way.....the heck with them. :D

Sir William

#6 ·
So far, doing good

I've had alittle experience since the SCCoA boards went to this format. It wasn't too much of a change over what they had setup wise, but I'm sure there was more of a change that I could see.

Very nice. Just have to figure out how to use the signature picture. Any idea when the whole change will be done?

-Andy "Melon"

#8 ·
Will the other boards still be up for reference? Any posts getting moved to here? I'm guessing it will be like the last time. The previous boards were open to viewing, but closed for posting for a few weeks. Just be like last time. Will take some getting used to, but then will work just fine.

-Andy "Melon"

#10 ·
I like these forums. However, one thing that drives me crazy on VBBS's is when you mark a forum read, it takes you back to that same forum instead of the main forum list. I dont want to sound like I'm complaining, but is that something you can change? Or better yet, since I know vBulletin has mucho options, is there an option that you can enable that would let each user customize stuff like that? Just wondering :D

#11 ·
Aaron K. said:
I like these forums. However, one thing that drives me crazy on VBBS's is when you mark a forum read, it takes you back to that same forum instead of the main forum list. I dont want to sound like I'm complaining, but is that something you can change? Or better yet, since I know vBulletin has mucho options, is there an option that you can enable that would let each user customize stuff like that? Just wondering :D
I'm not 100% sure yet. I've just not played with it enough on the "inside" to know how to do that. But I agree. It should take you back to the index. This was a mod/hack I had to add to the previous board. I will be looking into it.

Sir William

#12 ·
i like, much better than the other, but then again, it really doesnt matter to me. on thing you might look into, put the "marketplace" under the "Car related" section. most if not all the bbs's that i visit are like that. Id rather see the content of the bbs before the forsale ads. overall its nice, needs more Smilies.

#21 ·
ive always loved vBulletin... im happy to see the change. the only thing im wondering about though...

some vB's automatically subscribe you to threads that you post to. i know that [H]Forums does, but a couple ive been to recently dont. its kind of a hassle to post to a thread, then have to click again to subscribe to it. other than that i love the changed.

keep up the good work :)

#24 ·
Just wanna say that you guys have done a great job on redesigning the site again, I think It's much better now.

#25 ·
Awesome new layout - I can really get into a board like this :).

Pains me to say, but I missed out on ALOT of great information because I am/was unwilling to surf through the old style board.

Great layout, and you'll be seeing me around, except in the winter when my Cougar is parked :).

Kevin.

#26 ·
Deal with it. I hold the record for the oldest thread resurrection. Check out the thread id at the top. :D

FYI, threadid 1 was a test which was deleted prior to opening up the forums to the public. Now, can we quit this childish game since I've obviously won. :):):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.