TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a nice phone call from the shop where my car is at and was told that my car was broken into. So I leave work and go down there to meet the cops and everything.

Well Im hoping they dont total out the car for the amount of damage done to it. They broke the passager window to get in, and the ripped apart my whole dash to get the stereo out of it. Then opened the trunk and took the rest of it. So total about $1500 in stereo that the insurance wont cover because its not stock in the car. But with the dash and everything, I called a Ford dealer and found out that it will cost $615 for a new stock radio and $1600 for a new dash. Then all the dash trim pieces around the dash. So right there we are up to about $2500-$3000 is damage not including the broken window and labor to replace the dash.

So I might be parting out my car in a little while here. I will be posting some pictures when I get home from work.

This has to be the worst day ever!

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Sorry bout your loss

I have a stock raido setup you can have just PM me. I doubt they messed up the actual "dash" but rather busted up the radio trim piece. Just relax and deal with it the best you can and you will get through it fine.

It's holiday time folks and now is when the robbers go out and steal your shiznet so be on red alert.

-Scott

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
yeah and if you need a dash, i know someone that has a grey one, PM me for more info... Im sorry about what happened.... DAMN SOB's

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the vinyl on the dash around the radio is all ripped up because they ripped out the trim piece by prying it off.

I dont really know all what is broken yet because the cops wont let me touch the car until they finger print it. I will post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
575 Posts
dash

the dash isnt really that hard to put back together, i learned that after changing a heater core. let me know if you need any help with it, i'm only about an hour and a half away.
michael

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well here are the pictures of the damage. Im still trying to figure out what is sticking up in that one picture by the dash guages.

·
Registered
575 Posts
damn. obviously rookies, breaking the window, and not knowing that the headunit would slide right out. that sickens me. you may want to start hitting the local salvage yards up for the big dash piece. good luck!
michael

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna have to wait and see what my insurance company says. If they total it or not. And I going after the shop it was at because their insurance should pay 100% no questions asked but he is being an *ss about it and says they wont cover it. It was on his property

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Man, what a mess.

That really sucks.

I won't say what I would do if they catch the people who did it and it was my car. Let's just say it wouldn't be pleasant.

I hope in the end everything works out for you.

The shop or it's insurance should be 100% responcible for the damage.

·
Registered
668 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
And I going after the shop it was at because their insurance should pay 100% no questions asked but he is being an *ss about it and says they wont cover it. It was on his property

Sorry about that man, my buddy had his stolen and they smashed out the windows, beat up the dash and what not. And they also pushed the door open all the way to the V-8 emblem.

It makes no sense to me why this guy is being a *ss about it, when it was on his property and they should cover it. You didn't sign no waiver or nutting stating that if something happened that you would not seek payment or nutting did ya? You don't have to go through that guy you can call his insurance direct I think. Might be something to look into.

Sorry again man I know my heart would be ripped out if it happened to me.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Man that is a bummer. Dont you have a good amount of mods? dont get rid of the car. Just get it fixed. Why did they ruin the seal around the window if they were just going to break it? Dumb idiots. They left your sun glasses :cool:
I hope everything turns out ok man.
good luck
-Shawn

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I got a lot of stuff done to the car. But at this point, if they total it, im gonna buy it back from them and part it out and then buy about Tbird. Maybe a Black 96 Sport with a moonroof :D

The heads and everything can be used on another bird and some with the exhaust and headers and all that other good stuff.

You notice that they left my digital guages too?

What made it all worse was I was waiting for the shop to call because they were waiting on parts for 2 weeks. And I got paged at work and thought it was gonna be to say they got the parts in and my car would be fixed soon. Well that didn't happen.

·
Registered
488 Posts
those pics look familar, my 91 was broken into. I had a shatterd drivers side window, broken automatic seat belt, and a dash torn to hell, looks like they took a crow-bar to it trying to get it out. They broke the a/c vents below it also, i know why the radiao would not come out, i had a cooling fan mounted on top, heeheheheh, so when i go to the car the radio was hanging out. I had to take a cut off wheel to the dash to get it out, I ended up mounting a tach and an oil pressure gauge on a plate to cover up the hole and i got a $900 check from the insurance company.

I have the tach as the same location in the pic but its flush mounted now and there is a oil pressure gauge on the right

·
Registered
940 Posts
man, that sucks b*lls, I hate stupid people who even dare do something like that, I can't believe their small brains and their mentality to do something even remotely like that, I would like to see anyone who is stupid enough to do that rot in jail while being somebody's b*tch for the rest of their lives..........ok, I feel better now.

Anywho, those look like the same exact RCA cables I got (Rockford fosgates).

and if you plan on parting it out, i'd like to have those seats for my v6 and some trim pieces, let me know what happens

goodluck

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Jeremy:

Sorry for what happened. There is no excuse for messing with another man's automobile. Just last weekend, my boss who lives here in Amboy, had his '01 Cavalier stolen from his garage. They found it yesterday in Montgomery, Illinois practically unharmed. They are checking it for evidence because they may have a suspect. Hope your problems get solved.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
don't part that car for that much dammage

I know a guy that has the passanger side window and seal. The dash should cost no more than 1500 to repair. I had my cutlass broke into one time that I had. I had a suspicion who did it. I convinetly sliced his tires and left a message scratched in paint. write to [email protected]. You should beable to buy both for 150 including shiping. Iwould not part that car out for just that much dammage. I seen birds with snifigant impact dammage and they were not totaled out. I would insist on the radio of your choice and point out that it will be less than a factory radio and save them money.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
About the window seal being messed up. I know exactly what they did they used a large screw driver or pry bar and slid it in between the window and the seal and slowly added pressure upwards untill it broke (easyest and safest way to break a window to the person doing it if you lean up aginst it, it wont make much noise when it breaks. They didnt spend much time on it, and really didnt know 100% what they were doing, not your big theif just a thug job, my 2 cents. Hey another question did they get into your trunk? You have RF RCAs that means there are goodies in the trunk, did they for some odd reason not get to your trunk stuff?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Re: Sorry bout your loss

Dr. FrankenCougie said:

It's holiday time folks and now is when the robbers go out and steal your shiznet so be on red alert.

-Scott

I was board...

-Shawn

1 - 20 of 26 Posts