TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad: So i need a rack and pinion steering knuckle bushing, a wheel bearing, and dun dun dun...motor rebuilt. so thats about 2000 worth of parts and labor.

its still drivable. just eats oil and lightly taps(bearings)

I need to know when is the garage night happen so i can at least fix the steering knuckle bushing and wheel bearing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can fix the bushing....and i'll check see if the power steering line replaceable.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Sounds like its time for a 347. I say fix the wheel bearing now, and do the steering stuff when you have the engine out of the car. It will be much easier with the engine out of the way.

Mike

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
uuuhhhhmmm normally I'd say we can do it at my place but if you got to rebuild the engine I don't think we can get it done in a day.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well I don't know about rebuilding a motor at my place either, but hopefully soon we can have it at my place.

I just got the headers bolted up last night and the sub frame. Just need to torque the subframe and the engines mount so I can start putting the trans back in the car. I might actually get to drive the damn car this summer. lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The motor issue dont worry about i can still drive it and plus i have my boss from the shop going to pull it and rebuild it for 400 since i help him out from time to time till i actually start back. Just let me know when and i'll get it by there for you to check out.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
steering knuckle bushing, a wheel bearing

that is more feasable to take care of at someone's house.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr.Burns voice: Excellent! Let me know. I have to compete in a martial arts tournament saturday and video record my senseis MMA fight. But sunday im available.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
alright well who's up for going (wait where you live by???) there Sunday??

Lemme know now what tool's you don't have

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im on the eastside gratoit and vandyke. so im 5 minutes from downtown. or 10 minutes away from eastpointe

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You got the parts????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be getting the bushing sunday and hopefully the bearing at the same time.

let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts