TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well decided on a xenon spoiler..... (how to mount)

Alright guys I have decided to buy a xenon spoiler for my car how do I mount it? Is it double sided tape? Any other way to mount them? I just don't want it fall off or anything.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am not sure, I will look when I get home, but a word of warning, the owner before me installed it and it hits the top of both of the rear quarterpanels to the point where I have no paint where it sits. You can't tell when it's closed, and it looks great on, but just something to look out for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well anyone know how this spoiler mounts?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
it should be mounted with screws, i've haven't seen a wing that just mounts with double sided tape.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just ordered it hopefully it mounts good. Everyone seems to think these are good spoilers so I'll find out and get some pics of my car after I get it painted and installed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep mine is screwed on, checked last night. In my opinion the best looking spoiler out there, of course, I am a little partial

·
Registered
443 Posts
there was a xenon spoiler on ebay the othe day pretty cheap, but i dont know if it's still there

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bradley Blaze said:
there was a xenon spoiler on ebay the othe day pretty cheap, but i dont know if it's still there

Yeah I bought it for $119 + 19 shipping off ebay. I hope it comes with all the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
443 Posts
you got it for about 1/2 price. my uncle has a xenon kit on his 96 and it is screwed on, but if you don't put something down it will rub your paint off. I have a xenon kit on mine, but i have a different wing. The spoiler was like $110 when i saw it the other day. you got a good deal dude.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The spoiler I had came of an 87 trans am, it had bolts fiberglassed in, so I had to drill 4 holes in the trunk for the bolts to go through, then used locknuts on the backside, with plenty of superblue.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rich93 said:
Alright guys I have decided to buy a xenon spoiler for my car how do I mount it? Is it double sided tape? Any other way to mount them? I just don't want it fall off or anything.
post pics when it is on and how you put it on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have that spoiler on my Bird. Double sided tape doesnt work. I suggest Black urathene (sp). The screws the go through the trunk into the spoiler are also no good. make sure you pre drill then use a aggressive screw by hand to tighten down. The Plastic isnt very durable. I had mine installed professionally 4 yrs ago. it has come off the car 3 times. The last time we came up w/ something to keep it from doing it again.. Also Make sure you clean and ruff the painted surface on the trunk. Or nothing will stay. We used a grease pen to mark where it made contact.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts