TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May I lost my cell phone (LG 3200VX). Last week I was at work when i saw something silverish in the bushes (leaves are starting to fall off of it). sure enough. It was the phone i lost in May. I figured what the heck, my parents came over and brought the old charger. I plugged it in and the thing still works and is taking a charge. I'm going ot the verizon store and seeing if they can program this phone for use again. I'm thourghoI got a replacement through the insurance policy. This thing is a POS (Audiovox 8600, equivalent my left cheek). So a question here is, would there be any problems in going back to the original phone (if it's still in good working order)? I'd really like to dump this Audiovox, nothing else, I'll pick up another LG off of eBay.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I dont see wh t they should just be able to swap the phones ... if it was a nextel you just swap out the sim card and your good to go

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. So the fact the the Ins. sent me a replacement for this one won't matter?

I'm still a little shocked that this thing was out in the elements for 6 months and is still working.

·
Registered
329 Posts
just swap the sim cards most newer cell phones have them.

·
Registered
817 Posts
turbospeed said:
just swap the sim cards most newer cell phones have them.
that depends on the service.

at&t/Cingular and Nextel use sim cards. Verizon and sprint( i believe, long time since ive been in the phone business) does not. you have to leave both phones on for a certain amount of time and transfer is done over the network. stupid IMO.

i just buy new phones off ebay that i know take sim cards whenever i want to upgrade.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
If you're going to go swapping your SIM card to a different phone, make sure the provider has the correct ESN for the unit you're using, or else if you need tech support or a replacement or something you may run into problems because the unit you're using is not the one they have on file.

·
Super Moderator
7,557 Posts
Just to let you know, I once got thrown in a pool with all my clothes on and my cell phone in my pocket. When it dried out, it turned on fine, and everything worked except that it wouldn't make or receive any calls. So just to let you know, it might not work to make calls even if you do get it re-activated.

Mike

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
so far my nextels have been

runover by my ex girlfriend (it rang 10 seconds after she did that) never had a problem with that phone after that

dropped in the toilet (after flush - whew)

I drove with one under the hood of my car for 15 mile son the parkeay it didnt move an inch

and I dropped one in the street came back 5 minutes later was sitting on the double yellow line all scratched up :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I had a Nokia fall off of my belt at a go-cart track. It was all scratched up, and run over. but all it needed was a new faceplate and it was good to go. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts